I've had a tablet before, the Blackberry Playbook that I had paired with my Blackberry Bold 9930 to do some cool things with like using my phone as a controller (both mouse and keyboard) for presentations, etc. while the tablet was hooked up to a video source via HDMI.

After web browsing for a couple months and using it to hook up to a TV or do a presentation here or there, the Playbook found a permanent spot on my nightstand as an alarm clock only and an expensive one at that.

I currently have the 8GB Nexus 4 and I've been considering the Nexus 10 tablet for some time now reading through threads, watching videos, etc. but I can't tell if I really need the device or if I will end up having another expensive alarm clock. I'm not sure if I wasn't all that into the Playbook because it was only a 7" tablet, or what (apps were actually decent).

Also, I don't have a laptop, just a desktop. Sometimes I will have to use Microsoft Office; how does the Nexus 10 do with that, and is it possible?

I hate to be that guy making one of these posts and I can already foresee some responses I am going to get, somewhat deserved, but could you offer me some help in my decision?

I guess my main question are, with the Nexus 4, can I do some cool things with the Nexus 10 (like what I could do with the BB devices?), can you run Office and run Office well?
    And lastly, what are the top 3 things that you use your Nexus 10 for.

Thanks!
    11-26-2012 12:23 PM
    250 views. No one?
    11-26-2012 08:09 PM
    The problem is that it is a very generic question, and to some extent you already have set your use cases because of the playbook. I mean you already have a tablet, so why would another one be that different.

With the nexus 10 it is just a evolutionary upgrade from the previous ones. I don't think anything really radical is happening here. Just everything is upgraded. It is a tablet and it will do what tablets do great. Provide a touch interface for consumption of information.

With the right office app and wireless keyboard and mouse though it can most certainly be a decent productivity tool though to.

I guess the biggest question I would have is, what about the playbook caused you to not use it anymore. And then why do you think it will be different with the nexus 10
    11-26-2012 08:18 PM
    Just to be clear though I love using a tablet over pretty much anything else. I will use it before my desktop and my laptop most of the time. Especially when I am just viewing content. The only thing that slowed my use of my xoom and now Nexus 10 was my Galaxy Note. That little device is amazing.
    11-26-2012 08:22 PM
    I had a Playbook and was using it less and less for internet, due to the browser being really slow to load a page and was always checkerboarding. I ended up using it mainly for watching movies and reading books/magazines while traveling. (And the movie selection in the BB Video store was awful.)
    The Nexus 10 has a beautiful screen, the browser opens pages so much quicker than the Playbook (especially using Dolphin browser), lots more apps available for it than the Playbook (and your apps on your Nexus 4 will work on the 10). Books and movies look great with more choices than on the PB.
    I haven't used it for Microsoft Office yet but there does seem to be an app for that:
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=Y_b2ubrS
    And I really prefer the 10" screen size over the 7" Playbook. Worse case, it will make a much better desk clock than your Playbook!
    11-26-2012 08:45 PM
    The problem is that it is a very generic question, and to some extent you already have set your use cases because of the playbook. I mean you already have a tablet, so why would another one be that different.

With the nexus 10 it is just a evolutionary upgrade from the previous ones. I don't think anything really radical is happening here. Just everything is upgraded. It is a tablet and it will do what tablets do great. Provide a touch interface for consumption of information.

With the right office app and wireless keyboard and mouse though it can most certainly be a decent productivity tool though to.

I guess the biggest question I would have is, what about the playbook caused you to not use it anymore. And then why do you think it will be different with the nexus 10
    I think my biggest deterrent with the Playbook was the 7" screen vs. my then 4.8" GS3 screen. And the one stuck pixel always bothered me. I sold that by the way, so I no longer own a tablet.

I think it would be convenient to browse content on a larger screen, and one as beautiful as the Nexus 10.

I will be putting my GS3 up on the market with some extras and I will have the cost of a 16GB Nexus 10 covered, I'd just have to splurge the extra $100 for the 32GB once it is back in stock.
    11-26-2012 08:55 PM