Headset for Skype voice calls (N10 compatibility)

bigbert1

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I plan on using my N10 for INFREQUENT, low cost, outgoing voice calls. Am thinking of buying a small quantity of pre-paid, no expiry minutes from Skype and using the Skype WiFi/VoIP Android application with a very portable (small, but not poor quality) inline mike/earbud headset which could double as reasonable quality earbuds for video and music while travelling. (Use Bose noise cancelling headphones at home).
1. Is N10 3.5 mm jack compatible with inline mike headset and will it cut off the N10 speakers when plugged in for a VoIP call? I ask this question after reading a substantial number of forum comments raising a variety of 'issues'.
2. If anyone has a recommendation on a headset that meets the requirements stated above, I'd be glad to hear from you. Thanks.

G-Money713

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I have a set of Beats Solo and some Skull Candy 50/50. Both have in-line mics and both work with Skype and every other voip service I have tried with all my android devices. They just don't control my music other than pause and play. They cut off the speakers and direct sound to the headphones.

Sent from another Galaxy... Tab 2 10.1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar