Browser keeps shutting down...

ceyers50

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm on the road and will call tech support tomorrow, but for right now I'm bummed. This is my second Nexus 10. Anyone else have or had this issue?

Kelly Schutt

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Many people are having the same issue with chrome. Try Firefox beta or dolphin browser. Chrome on my N10 crashes frequently and sometimes reboots the tablet too.

ceyers50

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm using Ocean and this just started happening. I will try another browser and see if that helps. Very aggravating.

amrunner4

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I am using Ocean with 4.2.1 and it frequently freezes, sometimes requiring a shutdown and reboot. Maybe Ocean isn't quite ready for the latest version of android. Too bad because it supports flash and I like the user interface.

peaches1998

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I had Ocean, Boat and Dolphin HD Jetpack all crashing. I uninstalled Ocean and Boat and installed Firefox Beta which has not crashed. Chrome has not crashed. But my favorite browser is Dolphin HD Jetpack and it continued to crash as well while Firefox Beta (very slowwww scrolling but top notch otherwise) remains stable. As does Chrome.

And I think I found the cause. It's actually on this site with my N10.

There is an ad in the upper left of the page that starts to play as soon as I load this site with Dolphin. If I try to pause the ad or touch the ad anywhere, Dolphin immediately crashes, over and over again. So I just removed the bookmark to this site and Dolphin has not crashed in two days since doing it. as I don't use it to visit here now. Boat also crashed when I visited this site just before I uninstalled it.

When I load this site in Firefox Beta, instead of the ad starting to play, there's a message asking if I want to use the plugin to view it--no thanks. Chrome loads the page but the ad does not start to play so no problem for me. So Chrome and Firefox Beta have no problems with this site on my N10.

I reinstalled Boat Mini (not the full browser I originally had) to use the Flash imbedded in it and it has not crashed once but I do not use it to visit here. I use it for network tv and Amazon Prime, all of which require Flash to play the videos.

I get to enjoy using Dolphin HDJetpack as long as I don't use it to visit here. I use Firefox Beta and Chrome to visit here for now, which is easy enough. This site is valuable to me and I have learned much from the input of the members. I have no idea why the ad in the upper left of the site page begins to play automatically or why it is so toxic to Dolphin Jetpack and Boat. Others may not have this problem with those browsers but I do, and have repeated it over and over to convince me that the ad is causing the crashes.

I'm now at my computer which has no problem with this site nor does it have the ad that starts to play immediately.

Shelly

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar