N10 light bleed

gmen78

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Just got my baby today and I noticed light bleed from landscape view, lower left on left side and lower left bottom. With left side being more prominent than the bottom. Hard to see since I'm using crappy galaxy nexus camera. Not as bad as my transformer 1 light bleed but still annoying.
This a known issue? Wouldn't mind Google sending me a replacement but I'd rather not send mine first. I've waited long enough, I'm gonna play with my toy.
yguvasyz.jpg

Update ****
Called Google, they are sending out new one asap and I will return mine after new one arrives. Light bleed or not on next one, don't care, won't be returning it regardless.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

gmen78

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Picture looks like portrait view but its not..for anyone who seems confused

atg284

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Mine has it in the bottom right corner in landscape.... I have a replacement on its way and still have the original. Some people are just putting up with it...I don't like it.

gmen78

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Might call Google tomorrow and see what they say...replacement might have same issue... Crap shoot I guess.

bendavis78

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Mine has considerable yellowish tint in the corners and on the edge. Not sure whether or not this counts as light bleed, but it's very noticeable at any brightness level. I took a photo with my phone camera. In this photo, it's the yellowish tint in the bottom corners that bothers me (not the bluish light bleed). I can see that yellowish tint at any brightness level. It almost reminds me of the pattern you get when you hold a magnet up to a CRT screen (obviously not the same thing, though).

ZiN83.jpg

Ace4

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed the top of my screen is not as bright as the rest. Noticeable if you show a full white background, white is slightly less bright near the top. It's not bad enough that I feel the need to try to return it, though.

sidamos

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed the top of my screen is not as bright as the rest. Noticeable if you show a full white background, white is slightly less bright near the top. It's not bad enough that I feel the need to try to return it, though.

My original and my replacement N10 had that. Also, I have read this on other forums.

roberts68

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Just got my baby today and I noticed light bleed from landscape view, lower left on left side and lower left bottom. With left side being more prominent than the bottom. Hard to see since I'm using crappy galaxy nexus camera. Not as bad as my transformer 1 light bleed but still annoying.
This a known issue? Wouldn't mind Google sending me a replacement but I'd rather not send mine first. I've waited long enough, I'm gonna play with my toy.http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/05/yguvasyz.jpg
Update ****
Called Google, they are sending out new one asap and I will return mine after new one arrives. Light bleed or not on next one, don't care, won't be returning it regardless.

Update?
Did the replacement have the same issue?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

atg284

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Mine has considerable yellowish tint in the corners and on the edge. Not sure whether or not this counts as light bleed, but it's very noticeable at any brightness level. I took a photo with my phone camera. In this photo, it's the yellowish tint in the bottom corners that bothers me (not the bluish light bleed). I can see that yellowish tint at any brightness level. It almost reminds me of the pattern you get when you hold a magnet up to a CRT screen (obviously not the same thing, though).

http://i.imgur.com/ZiN83.jpg.

My original one had it that bad but on the bottom right. My replacement had it all over the place so I returned both...I'm going to try again at Staples in January when the quality control is (hopefully) better.

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Mine has a bit around the bottom right. Honestly it's barely noticeable I'm not to concerned with it. I can only see it on a black background and even then I need to be looking for it.

mattpga

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I have it too on the bottom right, and a patch on top left side. not really noticable except when watching widescreen movies, or powering on, but as i'm going to be using it for watching movies a lot, and it impacts on the picture i have contacted google for a replacement, which they have not questioned, but then again have not sent me the promised email about it.....
The light bleed on the bottom right seems to be a common occurrence.Some people say its an inherent fault with the technology, but I also have a nexus 7 which is perfect

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I complained to google about it and they told me that it almost never happens, i complained to them that they lie cause engadget had 2 with light bleed. There a couple post of light bleed on here but some people tell me it rare while others tell me its common. Frankly this is my second Nexus 10 with light bleed. Its not nearly as bad as the last one. I only have light bleed on the bottom right this time and only seen on black background on maximum brightness. Man my first one was terrible. Anything passed 20% brightness, you couldn't help but flip out. Glad I exchanged

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm Really Surprised,
At how many people have decided to keep their tablets and simply Ignore this MAJOR issue.. I too tried to pretend it was not there.. If I was watching netflix or had something dark around the edges I tried to convince myself "It's not that bad.." or "Just don't look down or at the edges.. Just try to focus on the center of the screen.."

Really? for a $500.00 investment ? I thought compromise was associated with buying one of the $150.00 Knockoff Tablets ??

Finally I came to my senses.. It was bad enough there are next to no Android Optimized Apps for Tablets anyway ( Zero with a Checkbox to run an app @ 2560*1600 ).. Not to mention the Studders & Lags with 4.2 Jellybean even with all this State of the Art Horsepower.. The lightbleed sealed the "Return for Refund" deal to Wal-Mart for me..
Went with "The Other Guy"... 100% happy with my investment now. :)

My OG Note was / is a sucess
My Nex-10 was a fail.. Big Time.

Last edited:

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
My friends iPad 4 has pretty bad light bleed...

Sent from my Nexus 7

Believe me.. I understand how you feel..

Your loyality to Android is to be admired..

But I am not saying this for the sake of starting an argument.. I am stating the TRUTH.. If your friend truly has issue with their purchase they really should just go to an Apple Store and they will gladly Replace the defective unit.. They will even get their Replacement Unit all setup for them if they like.. So they will walk out 100% SATISFIED..

That's Class.

Sadly.. It's Google / Samsung's Quality Standards and Android's lack of Tablet Optimized Apps that I had issues with.. Thank Goodness I made my purchase at a local Wal-Mart.. And was able to just walk in and get my refund on the spot. You read in other forums where folks have to wait weeks for a refund or get replacement tablets with the seals cracked open.. which suggest they may just be getting each others units..
At this price point.. thats sad.

The ENTIRE experience from purchase to ease of use, to Optimized Tablet (Not blown up phone) Apps Available (275,000+) to dealing with any issues that may arise ( Apple Store) really shows who is Head and Sholders above the the Competition.. And thats the Team that got my $500.00.

Last edited:

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
It has to do with the screen technology not the tablet. Thats why i wish they went with super amoled hd plus.
Agreed.
I own a Galaxy Note 1 with the SuperAmoled+ Technology and the screen is 100% JET BLACK with beautiful color saturation.
But the other issue I had is lack of Optimized Tablet Apps for Android.
It's like, Developer's Develope Tablet Apps for the iPad exclusively and then someone else comes along and ADAPTS it to Android (Flipboard was a great example)
"Make it Work on All iPad's" is the Law of the Tablet Land... Then..( Like a Step-Child ) see what you can do with the Android platform..