N10 light bleed

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Had to send mine in on Monday because of major light bleed. They sent me a new one overnight and it'll be here tomorrow. I loved the screen, but the light bleed was awful on black screens especially while watching movies like the dark knight rises. Hopefully my new one doesn't have the issue

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
But I am not saying this for the sake of starting an argument.. I am stating the TRUTH.. If your friend truly has issue with their purchase they really should just go to an Apple Store and they will gladly Replace the defective unit.. They will even get their Replacement Unit all setup for them if they like.. So they will walk out 100% SATISFIED..

In all fairness, Apple opened the first two Apple Stores on May 19, 2001. Aproximately 25 years after thier first piece of hardware. So I think we can give Google the same 25 years before we expect them to have a physical store front in which to offer support. Nexus 1: 2010... that means 2035 right ? ;)

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Believe me.. I understand how you feel..

Your loyality to Android is to be admired..

But I am not saying this for the sake of starting an argument.. I am stating the TRUTH.. If your friend truly has issue with their purchase they really should just go to an Apple Store and they will gladly Replace the defective unit.. They will even get their Replacement Unit all setup for them if they like.. So they will walk out 100% SATISFIED..

That's Class.

Sadly.. It's Google / Samsung's Quality Standards and Android's lack of Tablet Optimized Apps that I had issues with.. Thank Goodness I made my purchase at a local Wal-Mart.. And was able to just walk in and get my refund on the spot. You read in other forums where folks have to wait weeks for a refund or get replacement tablets with the seals cracked open.. which suggest they may just be getting each others units..
At this price point.. thats sad.

The ENTIRE experience from purchase to easy of use to Optimized Tablet (Not blown up phone) Apps Available (275,000+) to dealing with any issues that may arise ( Apple Store) really shows who is Head and Sholders above the the Competition.. And thats the Team that got my $500.00.

You claim your not trying to start an argument yet you make completely unrelated points. Did you not read the OP? It was about the Nexus 10 and light bleed. Not about the lack of optimized apps! Also, you said that you can walk in to an Apple store to buy a replacement. If you had read even further into the OP you would have seen that simply calling Google can get you a replacement.
Also, about my loyalty to Android, I have more and have used far more Apple devices than Android so I don't see why you would claim that I'm loyal to Android.
Anyway, you missed my point. I made the comment about my friends iPad because they a famous for quality and great screens. I was just saying that it's not too much to worry about as even Apple has those problems. Anyway, if you have an iPad, why are you in the Android tablet section?

Tom

Sent from my Nexus 7

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site

Your loyality to Android is to be admired..

That's Class.

Sadly.. It's Google / Samsung's Quality Standards and Android's lack of Tablet Optimized Apps that I had issues with.. Thank Goodness I made my purchase at a local Wal-Mart.. And was able to just walk in and get my refund on the spot. You read in other forums where folks have to wait weeks for a refund or get replacement tablets with the seals cracked open.. which suggest they may just be getting each others units..
At this price point.. thats sad.

The ENTIRE experience from purchase to easy of use to Optimized Tablet (Not blown up phone) Apps Available (275,000+) to dealing with any issues that may arise ( Apple Store) really shows who is Head and Sholders above the the Competition.. And thats the Team that got my $500.00.

You claim your not trying to start an argument yet you make completely unrelated points. Did you not read the OP? It was about the Nexus 10 and light bleed. Not about the lack of optimized apps! Also, you said that you can walk in to an Apple store to buy a replacement. If you had read even further into the OP you would have seen that simply calling Google can get you a replacement.
Also, about my loyalty to Android, I have more and have used far more Apple devices than Android so I don't see why you would claim that I'm loyal to Android.
Anyway, you missed my point. I made the comment about my friends iPad because they a famous for quality and great screens. I was just saying that it's not too much to worry about as even Apple has those problems. Anyway, if you have an iPad, why are you in the Android tablet section?

Tom

Sent from my Nexus 7

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
You claim your not trying to start an argument yet you make completely unrelated points. It was about the Nexus 10 and light bleed. Not about the lack of optimized apps! so I don't see why you would claim that I'm loyal to Android.
Anyway, you missed my point. I made the comment about my friends iPad because they a famous for quality and great screens. it's not too much to worry about as even Apple has those problems. why are you in the Android tablet section?

Tom

Sent from my Nexus 7

Whoa... Easy... Calm Down.

As a current Android Owner (Galaxy Note) and former (Thank Gawd) Nexus-10 Owner I'm ALWAYS lurking around..:)

My experience with the Nexus-10 was a NIGHTMARE I could not believe I almost locked myself into a $500.00 investment and actually tried to convince myself that this was a Finished, Polished Product.

It's not.

Seems like you are focusing on Post #19.. Read my Post #15..

You see, I am a Android Believer as well.. Or I would not own a Galaxy Note and the Droid Charge I had before it.. They work.. They may not be the fastest horses in the stable.. but they work. as advertised. And both are still performing their duties quite well..

This Android Tablet though is another story.. Burned out pixels, Creaky Backsides, Random Reboots, Electrical Humming,Washed Out Colors and Lightbleed

The most powerful CPU in the Android Universe coupled with 2gigs of Ram...

And it STILL studders & lags...

The Nexus-10 is NOT ready for PrimeTime.. And those are the facts. I was not trying to hi-jack this thread or take it "off-topic"..

Call it... Venting.. But yes, I do still have a Morbid intrest in how many people are putting up with this... excepting this.. fatal flaw.. This is not the only forum that I follow concerning this issue..

You see.. I think it's a BIG issue.

Last edited:

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site

As a current Android Owner (Galaxy Note) and former (Thank Gawd) Nexus-10 Owner I'm ALWAYS lurking around..:)

My experience with the Nexus-10 was a NIGHTMARE I could not believe I almost locked myself into a $500.00 investment and actually tried to convince myself that this was a Finished, Polished Product.

It's not.

You see, I am a Android Believer as well.. Or I would not own a Galaxy Note and the Droid Charge I had before it.. They work.. They may not be the fastest horses in the stable.. but they work. as advertised. And both are still performing their duties quite well..

This Android Tablet though is another story.. Burned out pixels, Creaky Backsides, Random Reboots, Electrical Humming,Washed Out Colors and Lightbleed

The Nexus-10 is NOT ready for PrimeTime.. And those are the facts. I was not trying to hi-jack this thread or take it "off-topic"..

Call it... Venting.. But yes, I do still have a Morbid intrest in how many people are putting up with this... excepting this.. fatal flaw.. This is not the only forum that I follow concerning this issue..

You see.. I think it's BIG issue.

Thanks all good and fine but to go off-topic and onto apps in a thread about a hardware issue is just unnecessary. If you want to complain, create your own thread or go over to iMore where they'll be sure to agree with you.

BTW, your post #15 was what caused me to mention the iPad. I was simply saying that even "the other guy" can have its share of problems.

Sent from my Nexus 7 which works great and as advertised... At a great price.

Last edited:

x Pervy Sage

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site

It's not.

You see.. I think it's BIG issue.

The Nexus 10 is my first android device (own a Macbook Pro and iPhone 4). From looking at your post... you clearly got a defective product. Did you even TRY to get a replacement?

For me... there are NO burnt out pixels, NO creaky backsides, NO random reboots, NO electrical humming (my first time ever hearing about something like this), colors look fine to me.

When the brightness is maxed out there is a very small light bleed in the bottom right corner in landscape... but at the brightness that I ACTUALLY use... there is nothing.

If you don't want to gamble with light bleed, simply don't buy a product with this kind of screen technology. Simple as that.

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Just posting that I got replacement today. They sent it to me via next day air and its great. I'm not noticing any light bleed now. Seems they may have fixed the issue. Hope you guys get your issue resolved because it was worth it. Googles customer support is great

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Just posting that I got replacement today. They sent it to me via next day air and its great. I'm not noticing any light bleed now. Seems they may have fixed the issue. Hope you guys get your issue resolved because it was worth it. Googles customer support is great

That's great to hear! Enjoy your tablet!

Sent from my Nexus 7

ehernandez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
So did you call google directly or samsung. Want to know whats the easiest and best way to handle an exchange for my unit that has light bleed. The tablet was also a gift and hoping thats not a problem. Any advice would be awesome.

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
So did you call google directly or samsung. Want to know whats the easiest and best way to handle an exchange for my unit that has light bleed. The tablet was also a gift and hoping thats not a problem. Any advice would be awesome.

Called Google directly. Mine was a gift as well so the account used to buy it will have to call for the return but they can ship it directly back to you. They were really nice as easy to work with when I called

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

dcastillo

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
IMG_20130124_232031.jpgSo what do you guys think?
below is my new N10 with its light bleed. At first glance it looks pretty bad, but this is on full brightness in the dark....
set it to auto brightness and you wouldnt notice unless you tried to see it...
set it to full brightness in the day light and you dont see it either...

should I care? not sure what the odds are a replacement would be better or worse..

BTW, love the new tablet so far... running a screensaver battery test as I type...see how many hours it lasts today..

Caleb Morris

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I have the same thing you have, but only on the bottom edge in the corner. I'd recommend keeping it. Compared to what everyone else has put on here, ours is nothing. And full brightness in the dark is painful to look at anyways. I say keep it. It's not worth the hassle of returning it.

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm Really Surprised,
At how many people have decided to keep their tablets and simply Ignore this MAJOR issue.. I too tried to pretend it was not there.. If I was watching netflix or had something dark around the edges I tried to convince myself "It's not that bad.." or "Just don't look down or at the edges.. Just try to focus on the center of the screen.."

Really? for a $500.00 investment ? I thought compromise was associated with buying one of the $150.00 Knockoff Tablets ??

Finally I came to my senses.. It was bad enough there are next to no Android Optimized Apps for Tablets anyway ( Zero with a Checkbox to run an app @ 2560*1600 ).. Not to mention the Studders & Lags with 4.2 Jellybean even with all this State of the Art Horsepower.. The lightbleed sealed the "Return for Refund" deal to Wal-Mart for me..
Went with "The Other Guy"... 100% happy with my investment now. :)

My OG Note was / is a sucess
My Nex-10 was a fail.. Big Time.

My friends iPad 4 has pretty bad light bleed...

Sent from my Nexus 7

That's Class.

In all fairness, Apple opened the first two Apple Stores on May 19, 2001. Aproximately 25 years after thier first piece of hardware. So I think we can give Google the same 25 years before we expect them to have a physical store front in which to offer support. Nexus 1: 2010... that means 2035 right ? ;)

I'm sorry..
Your statement is somewhat confusing to me..

What does Apple's ability to remedy the gentleman's friend who has an iPad that oddly has lightbleed (Because iPad's don't lightbleed) if he/she took it into an Applestore, have to do with Google one day having a store front and that we should give them until the year 2035 to do so ??? What are you talking about?

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry..

What does Apple's ability to remedy the gentleman's friend who has an iPad that oddly has lightbleed (Because iPad's don't lightbleed) if he/she took it into an Applestore, have to do with Google one day having a store front and that we should give them until the year 2035 to do so ??? What are you talking about?

I've reported you. Please don't bring up old arguments.

Tom

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 57665So what do you guys think?
below is my new N10 with its light bleed. At first glance it looks pretty bad, but this is on full brightness in the dark....
set it to auto brightness and you wouldnt notice unless you tried to see it...
set it to full brightness in the day light and you dont see it either...

should I care? not sure what the odds are a replacement would be better or worse..

BTW, love the new tablet so far... running a screensaver battery test as I type...see how many hours it lasts today..

Holy crap that some noticeable light bleed! My first one was that bad, but my second isn't nearly that bad. I have a rule when it comes to light bleed. Is the bleed is the size of your thumb extending into the screen then it has to be exchanged. But if its a pinkie width closer to the edge then its ok.

Caleb Morris

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Holy crap that some noticeable light bleed! My first one was that bad, but my second isn't nearly that bad. I have a rule when it comes to light bleed. Is the bleed is the size of your thumb extending into the screen then it has to be exchanged. But if its a pinkie width closer to the edge then its ok.
(For easier purposes, I'm going to refer to dcastillo as a guy. I'm sorry if you're a girl :/)

If he doesn't notice it during regular use, then there's no need to freak him out about it. It's not really that bad. I have mine in the same corner on the bottom edge, and it's not noticeable during everyday use. So please don't freak him out.

Caleb Morris

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I have the same thing you have, but only on the bottom edge in the corner. I'd recommend keeping it. Compared to what everyone else has put on here, ours is nothing. And full brightness in the dark is painful to look at anyways. I say keep it. It's not worth the hassle of returning it.

Here is a picture of mine for reference.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359173171106.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359173171106.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 17

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry..

My iPad 2 had light bleed. All LCD panels can have the problem. The iPad has imperfections as much as android tabs do. Your argument is invalid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781