hi pitched sound from speakers problem

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
My n10 today has also developed a high pitch noise coming from both speakers. After further investigation i have found that it actually is the screen brightness causing it with the higher the brightness the deeper the sound gets which cannot be controlled in any way with the volume control. When I place the brightness on auto setting I can barely hear it but is clearly still there when placing speaker to ear. Please help! Thanks

saukriver

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Do you have the 32GB or the 16GB?

I have this problem with my Nexus 10: When the screen is lit, there is a high pitch whine that appears in the speakers. This is crazy. I intend to return this device as this is unacceptable. The sound does not go down when I use automatic brightness. It also does decease when I decrease the brightness, unless I simply turn the screen off.

This problem is not isolated. Do a search on "high pitched buzzing Nexus 10".

[Q] Noise from the display - xda-developers

High pitched buzzing noise coming from Nexus 10 - xda-developers

What hardware issues are you experiencing? - Page 2 - xda-developers

I intend to RMA my Nexus 10.

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I have the 16g, I wonder why the delay in numbers for the launch was there, maybe there is a number of issues they are trying to sort out, mines going to go back to under the 15 day warranty Play have, thanks for the info

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I had just read about this issue this morning then saw this post. My 32gb N10 arrived on the Monday following launch. I have not expierenced this issue, no noise from mine at any screen brightness or volume level. Definitely return it for a replacement.

saukriver

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I have the 32G Nexus 10.. I played the whine for the guy on Play support, and I am RMAing.

(Google support is not yet there. They try, but even the software they use when you RMA is klutzy and confusing.)