nexus 10 battery

Keith j

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I am at 33% battery life and only been using nexus 10 for a little under 2 hours is this normal it was at 100% when I started

VeeArSix

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I am at 33% battery life and only been using nexus 10 for a little under 2 hours is this normal it was at 100% when I started
What exactly were you doing on the tablet? If you were watching a movie at full brightness I could maybe see that amount of battery drain. If you were just browsing the web then that's definitely not normal.

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Its not impossible to make that happen but its by no means normal. I can get around 8 hours of screen on time before it dies, I usually keep the screen on its lowest brightness though.

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Remember the button on middle bottom right is actually active tasks, not recent apps so close unwanted apps and use your tablet obsessively for a few days to break in the battery after a few days my battery life improved by 60% also make sure its updated to newest version of android to fix any known bugs

lumpynose

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Remember the button on middle bottom right is actually active tasks, not recent apps so close unwanted apps and use your tablet obsessively for a few days to break in the battery after a few days my battery life improved by 60% also make sure its updated to newest version of android to fix any known bugs

If that was true then I should be able to click that 2 stacked windows button that's to the right of the home button, note the apps, then in the Settings app find them under Running apps. But that's not the case, so I don't think what you're saying is correct; rather than active I'd say suspended or recently suspended, and those use very little, if any, power.

lumpynose

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
If that was true then I should be able to click that 2 stacked windows button that's to the right of the home button, note the apps, then in the Settings app find them under Running apps. But that's not the case, so I don't think what you're saying is correct; rather than active I'd say suspended or recently suspended, and those use very little, if any, power.

I take that back; under runnung apps there's a show cached processes, and that says it's running. I still believe that they're suspended like ctl-z on unix, meaning they're occupying ram memory but not running. If my memory is correct the underlying o/s for android is linux.

vishaljanani

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I typically get around 5 hours of screen time before my battery runs out. My brightness is set to around 20-30% and I watch a lot of online streaming videos during this period and push it to my HDTV. Is this what one normally gets or is there a problem with my battery?

uploadfromtaptalk1355228906844.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1355228931898.jpg

Appreciate your response and help.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Keith j

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Well guys got my new nexus 10 and the first one was definitely a bad one battery life out of the box is great the screen does not have the light bleed around the edges and it looks great.

Lee Griffiths

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure how to rate my battery, I thought it was OK but to me doesn't seem to last that long, at times I'm sure that it can drop more than 10% just general web browsing, I'm now on 25% after 1day 6hours, screen brightness about 30%. What's the best way to monitor your battery drain? Think I may keep a close eye on it after the next full charge. I've attached some screen shots of my current battery usage.

Cheers guys.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-12-13-19-10-55.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-12-13-19-10-55.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot_2012-12-13-19-11-02.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-12-13-19-11-02.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 41

Kookas

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
What exactly were you doing on the tablet? If you were watching a movie at full brightness I could maybe see that amount of battery drain. If you were just browsing the web then that's definitely not normal.

Watching a movie, even at full brightness, shouldn't be able to drain the battery in 3 hours unless Android 4.2/Nexus 10 has serious battery issues. To be honest, nothing should be able to drain it that fast.

via Tapatalk

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Watching a movie, even at full brightness, shouldn't be able to drain the battery in 3 hours unless Android 4.2/Nexus 10 has serious battery issues. To be honest, nothing should be able to drain it that fast.

via Tapatalk

Yes even glbenchmark on its highest battery test level with 100% brightness takes 3 1/2 hours, and that is designed to kill the battery.

mhitch02

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Keith,

How long did it take to get your replacement??? I've done all I could with this battery...It doesn't actually charge completely overnight and drains excessively just surfing..Got it for Christmas but just had knee surgery and I'd hate to be without it....

Thanks,
Marc

Miss Elayn

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hello, mine use about 10% battery each hour at the lowest brighness and only surfing the web. Do you all think it's normal or not? Also, yesterday I charged the battery from 14% to 94% in 4h30... I heard it is supposed to be charged completely in 3 or 4 hours only... Is my battery and charge time ok? Although it is only my 2nd charge and I heard it should get better with time...

dgr_1983

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I got my nexus 10 from CeX 10 days ago. I notice the usb part that connects to the tablet feels loose & doesn't slot in like how a charger with a mobile feels secure, is this normal?
1st charged it from 15%-100% it took maybe 12 hours or more. The 2nd time charged it from 25%-100% it took 9 hours & change.
Installed the update. Two hours on battery & it's down to 73%. It went from 84% to 77% battery in 50 minutes.
Bluetooth, GPS etc are off the screen brightness is down to 0/slider is to the left side. Played angry birds for about 20 minutes, watched ice age for about 10 minutes & the rest is surfing the net.

RonD

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I think that the USB connection is the most fragile and failure prone part on the tablet. Sounds like you may have gotten a defective tablet. I would get a replacement. Also, consider getting the pogo charging cable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton