Nexus 10 wireless issues

BcSirstaroth

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I was trying to dig through previous threads wondering if anyone has had wireless connectivity issues with their Nexus 10. I just got mine in the mail just a few days ago but I am starting to notice my Nexus 10 sometimes loses its wireless connection and it will not reconnect to it, then I have to restart my device for it to connect to the internet again.

Is anyone else having these issues? Should I contact Google and get a replacement device? Or is this more of a software issue that needs to be fixed with an update?

Thanks

ibmnasa69

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Before you contact Google, have you made sure that the problems are not with your home network? e.g.., do all your other devices work just fine, while the Nexus is the only one having problems? Does the Nexus lose connectivity in all locations you use it, or is one particular place in your house worse than others? The reason I ask, is that we had a problem with my wife's living room laptop intermittently dropping its connection when I first set up our home network. The desktop machine in the bedroom was right by the router and had no such problems. The sales rep at Office Max correctly identified the problem as interference caused by our old style cordless phone; we replaced it with a Dect-6 technology phone and the issue went away. (the network still drops every once in a while, but that's another story.) One last thought: is your machine losing its connection while you are in the middle of doing something with it, or under other circumstances (e.g., waking up from sleep mode when you've set it aside for a while)? I had an instance where my N10 didn't reconnect when I accidentally left it in sleep mode overnight and powered the network down; however, when I restarted the N10 it made a connection and stayed connected.

BcSirstaroth

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
My GS3, laptop, and my girlfriends laptop and iPhone all connect perfectly fine. My Nexus 10 connects to the wireless fine, but after I do not use it for maybe 3-4 hours and pick it back up it says that it does not have a wireless connection anywhere in our condo. The only way for it to reconnect back to the wireless is to restart it.

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I have an N4 and N7 and the option under advanced wireless settings for "WiFi optimization" could be a culprit. Try shutting that off. I think it's enabled by default.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I do not have any I issues with wireless disconnecting on my N10. I use it regularly on my home network (Linksys/Cisco wireless router) my Mom's network (Comcast wireless router) my Droid 4 as a hotspot & my friends network (Belkin) along with numerous free WiFi at stores & restaurants. When I grab it min the morning, it is always connected. I have had mine since the Monday following launch day.

My wireless settings on my N10 are stock. I have not changed anything on it. I would think you might have a defective one if your other devices play well with your network.

cykim4

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Please please please get a replacement. That's what I did when I had wifi connection issue with my "old" Nexus 10. I tried everything what others recommended, but trust me, it's NOT going to work. It's simple as that. I want to tell you this loud and clear: if your other devices do NOT have wifi connection issues, chances are high that it is NOT YOUR FAULT! It's a faulty Nexus 10. So just give them a call, and order a replacement.

I got my replacement in 4 days, and the "new" Nexus 10 does not have any wifi connection problems. So glad I did it. Be aware that Google will place a "hold" on your credit card for the amount of $399.00 until you send back your old device. But as soon as you send, the hold will be removed.

cindywies2

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I just got my Nexus 10 yesterday. After charging the battery, I turned eagerly turned it on and got a "Select Wi-Fi" screen. My wi-fi in my home is working fine with my PC, but my tablet network just shows "authenticating...". The tablet indicates that I have Excellent wi-fi strength. Security : WPA2 PSK. I can't get beyond this screen to the home screen or any other screen of the N10. This is really disappointing. What is the contact number to call at Google? Is there a customer service #? What else can I try?

dbdroid

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I've had my N10 for a couple weeks. I also have had intermittent wi-fi drops. Someone on the xda forum suggested turning off all location services, which works for me. Seems like a definite N10 problem. Considering contacting Google for a replacement but don't want to be without my new baby. Any ideas?

dberthia

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I've been getting constant wifi drops since installing 4.2.1. I also have a strange problem where the unit powers down every time I detach the charging cable. I called Google today, and they said an update will be available in about a week. They suggested waiting for the update, and if that doesn't help, do a factory reset. I'll probably wait and see at this point, and return the thing if both of these things fail.

chad783

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Just got mine today but as soon as I fired it up, it would drop the wifi connection. I couldn't sign into my account or anything. Very frustrating because it is a beautiful device. Called Google and they are going to send me out another one right away. I put my device back in the box and dropped it off at the UPS store on my way back to work. Hopefully I get the new one before Christmas. I got the device with the seals broken because I had them preload my information on it. Well...it asked me for my information like I was a new user and did NOT have it preloaded. So I am wondering if the wifi issue was because of them screwing with it. The new one will not have it preloaded. So we shall see.

johnyguy#AC

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Just got mine today but as soon as I fired it up, it would drop the wifi connection. I couldn't sign into my account or anything. Very frustrating because it is a beautiful device. Called Google and they are going to send me out another one right away. I put my device back in the box and dropped it off at the UPS store on my way back to work. Hopefully I get the new one before Christmas. I got the device with the seals broken because I had them preload my information on it. Well...it asked me for my information like I was a new user and did NOT have it preloaded. So I am wondering if the wifi issue was because of them screwing with it. The new one will not have it preloaded. So we shall see.

Preloading what you the only one who knows your password ,that's don't make any sense to me!

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
presynching doesn't preload all your email ETC. Mine still had to download. However most of my apps were already loaded. seems to me google can very easily say person X has these 123 apps, pre load them on the device without needing to access the password protected apects of their account. I still needed to log into the device and still needed to log into any other services [Facebook ETC]

Jugador

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I've been getting constant wifi drops since installing 4.2.1. I also have a strange problem where the unit powers down every time I detach the charging cable. I called Google today, and they said an update will be available in about a week. They suggested waiting for the update, and if that doesn't help, do a factory reset. I'll probably wait and see at this point, and return the thing if both of these things fail.

Wait, so they actually said an update is coming next week? Please. Please. Be true.

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I was trying to dig through previous threads wondering if anyone has had wireless connectivity issues with their Nexus 10. I just got mine in the mail just a few days ago but I am starting to notice my Nexus 10 sometimes loses its wireless connection and it will not reconnect to it, then I have to restart my device for it to connect to the internet again.

Is anyone else having these issues? Should I contact Google and get a replacement device? Or is this more of a software issue that needs to be fixed with an update?

Thanks

Might be your Router kicking you off. My Router was weird that way. It will let me run all 3 laptops and 2 smart phones but once in a while it will kick one of device off and refuse to let that one device connect no matter what, so i would have to restart the Router. I fixed this problem finally when I tracked down a Firmware update for my Router. Man Router updates were confusing the first time i did it. Now my phone and tablet are auto connecting to my internet as soon as my car touches my driveway.

the gator

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have been having numerous wifi drops, spoke to Google customer service about it and to see if any updates were coming out to fix it. I received my answer today and they told me to get a new one under warranty.

dawn1st

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
My Nexus 10 worked great for a month and now I have wi fi issues all the time. Definitely has an issue when I leave it on overnight. I can't connect even sitting beside my router. It shows excellent signal strength and briefly cycles through a connecting phase but then doesn't connect. Says linksys is saved. All other devices work. I have found many other boards complaining of this same issue with Nexus 4 and 7 also. Very frustrating! Why did it work for a month? Nothing changed here. And I'm concerned that ordering a replacement will not solve the issue if so many other people are also having the issue. A lot of them mentioned having the issue since a version update but I think mine came with the new version. Any suggestions?

lbgator

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
When I got my ten I was crushed because it keep dropping off WiFi and when it did logon it was so slow. I considered sending it back. Then called Linksys tech support to see if there was something there with the router and the tech helped me reset or more properly I should say set all the settings right and update it. He said it would be 30 times faster than it had been. Now my ten works fantastic when I'm online and I love it. If you have any problems with WiFi check your router, call your router's tech support and see if its set correctly and updated. Worked great for me.

I also could not get online with having the ten right next to the router so maybe check the router itself, worked for me.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
LOL I experianced something similar to this. For Christmas I received a wi-fi range extender as a gift. Set it up fine with my wireless router. But for some reason my N10 was not connecting through it. After an evening of research and trouble shooting I discovered it was forwarding Virtual MAC Addresses [ I always have MAC filters on ;) ] to the wi-fi router[ which already had the real MAC address of the N10 added to the permissions list]. End result I had to add the Virtual MAC addresses to the permisson lists and now everything is shiny.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly Ryan