Nexus 10 locking up and freezing,,,,, not sure what to do ???

luvsmobile

Luvzmobile
Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Disabling the location services did nothing to solve the problem for me. Usually locks up, freezes, and reboots when using chrome.

Waiting on a fix. I don't understand those that return such an amazing device over something so minor. When adopting a device early in its life, there are growing pains. Developers are working on it...
Same here since I stopped using chrome... it's been much better.

OTACORB

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I too have owned many new devices right on release day and had many problems like this. When buying later in its life, I rarely have these kind of problems. As for Google's track record, nexus devices should not be classified in the same breath as Verizon/Motorola/Google devices or at&t/Htc/Google devices, or any other combination. The red tape there is prohibitive which speaks toward the popularity of the nexus 4. I'm not trying to make excuses for Google, but just like I had to take in my brand new car for an ecu update to address issues and concerns in the first year of the new model, I am not surprised to have to receive an update from Google. It's unfortunate, but the alternative is to wait a number of months for the issues to be worked out, just like many people wouldn't buy a new car the year it's being updated. You always have the option to return yours.

But you are making excuses for Google. Bottom line is the most recent update 4.2.1 for many has created more problems than it solved. It was released to bring the multi-profiles. It introduced the freezing, rebooting, sluggishness and poorer battery life. Sorry Google gets no pass for such a poorly tested release. If they want to play with the big dogs they damn well better get it together.

When your car was updated it solved what it was suppose too, not introduce more problems. Updates are fine, all products generally get them, but 4.2.1 evidently was poorly tested cause there is thread after thread of the issues I mentioned above since its release. A company like Google's support should not recommend RMA's as a solution but, they have me on 4 or 5 occasions now.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

spect2k

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
When my car was introduced, it had issues. Then they put out a fix for it. Problem solved. Mazda did a poor job testing their product but now it's fixed. My wife's Toyota just had a recall. Chevy just had a recall. Should we never buy any of those products? Am I making excuses for them? I don't think so. I wasn't happy waiting for my car fix, but I'm happy now and I would definitely buy another Mazda or Toyota. Same holds true here.

Google put out a great product and they can't keep them stocked as they're selling so well. Return yours and they'll resell it so fast they couldn't care less. To say that they can't compete with the big boys for a problem like this is a bit over the top. You're just angry. They put out a great product and they screwed up with this update. This isn't a terminal flaw like hardware might be, this should be a fix they'll have fairly soon. I'm not happy when mine reboots, but I know a fix is on the way. Truthfully, can we even name a brand that hasn't had these kind of issues? Short of offering you a refund, what other option do they have? What do you expect them to offer you? A free trip to Disney? A fix is on the way from my understanding...

Is that still making excuses or perhaps a more calm and realistic take on what's really going on?

OTACORB

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
When my car was introduced, it had issues. Then they put out a fix for it. Problem solved.

Google put out a great product and they can't keep them stocked as they're selling so well. Return yours and they'll resell it so fast they couldn't care less. To say that they can't compete with the big boys for a problem like this is a bit over the top. You're just angry. They put out a great product and they screwed up with this update. This isn't a terminal flaw like hardware might be, this should be a fix they'll have fairly soon. I'm not happy when mine reboots, but I know a fix is on the way. Truthfully, can we even name a brand that hasn't had these kind of issues? Short of offering you a refund, what other option do they have? What do you expect them to offer you? A free trip to Disney? A fix is on the way from my understanding...

Is that still making excuses or perhaps a more calm and realistic take on what's really going on?

Yes still making excuses for a poorly tested update. You can but as much spin on it as you wish, but that does not change the reality of it. I am not angry but I am not in denial either. I expected them to test this update to insure it did not create more problems than it fixed. They failed, I was offered an RMA over and over as if that was the solution. I have had iPad's and I have never had the problem of them restarting and freezing. They have had other minor issues all fixed in a timely manner. No device is perfect, but freezing and restarting should get a high priority for a fix. So perhaps if support says, we are aware and absolutely are working on a quick fix. In the mean time try doing the following. Instead I was told sorry we can give you an RMA. You defending this? I believe if Google plans to be a big boy in this business they need to work on their customer service and support. Not to mention a better job testing their updates. I do not think this is an unreasonable expectation or request.

Apple has not been able to meet demand on a few products this holiday season, but that does not mean they are above screwing up. I do not think their support suggest an RMA instead of trying to help solve the problem first and that is the difference.

spect2k

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I actually didn't make a single excuse for them and I said they screwed up. I implore them to be more careful in the future, but that is a separate issue as it doesn't help us here. Come to terms with the fact that they didnt work out all the bugs. Complaining incessantly isnt helping anything at this point. Sorry Google isn't offering you something more to make you happy while you wait for the fix. Yes, I am defending customer services actions at THAT point seeing as all devices have the same issue and there is currently no fix. You know they are working on. For the second time I ask, what else can they offer you?! Perhaps you'd be happier with an ipad. Clearly google is willing to take your device back. Maybe you should take them up on it!

OTACORB

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I actually didn't make a single excuse for them and I said they screwed up. I implore them to be more careful in the future, but that is a separate issue as it doesn't help us here. Come to terms with the fact that they didnt work out all the bugs. Complaining incessantly isnt helping anything at this point. Sorry Google isn't offering you something more to make you happy while you wait for the fix. Yes, I am defending customer services actions at THAT point seeing as all devices have the same issue and there is currently no fix. You know they are working on. For the second time I ask, what else can they offer you?! Perhaps you'd be happier with an ipad. Clearly google is willing to take your device back. Maybe you should take them up on it!

Yeah are incessantly defending them and you can try to spin it otherwise, but it's clear. I already told you what they need to learn to do. I do not need to get over anything! I have not said a single thing that is not supported by my experience and the facts. I am not going to suddenly change my mind because you don't like my post.. Maybe you need to get over it. I think I have brought up some valid concerns.

spect2k

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Clearly all you want to do is whine. You continue to accuse me of things without any evidence (such as defending googles screw up) simply because I am calling you on your whining. You avoid answering questions such as what you want cs to do. You stated a while back that you want them to tell you there is a fix coming and you want to complain that you want it faster. You already know that its coming! You're not happy with the speed there, so you attack Google and anyone that disagrees with you.

This convos is taking away from the forum and the thread. We've both stated our pieces, you just are so angry that you want to keep whining. Lets let the thread get back on track. Good luck with your device or your return. I'm done here. You can have the last word.

anonuk

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I joined this form because this forum seemed great for new android and nexus people like myself, but then they turned up whinging continuously saying nothing constructive and yet defending apple to the end. Even lying about having an open eco-system like android.

OTACORB

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
This convos is taking away from the forum and the thread. We've both stated our pieces, you just are so angry that you want to keep whining. Lets let the thread get back on track. Good luck with your device or your return. I'm done here. You can have the last word.

You keep replying so don't. I laid out legit issues that I and others are having. No one is whining, we just expect better from Google as we should. If everyone was happy go lucky they may think it's okay to put out bad updates. Hopefully the next one will fix the issues without adding more.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I joined this form because this forum seemed great for new android and nexus people like myself, but then they turned up whinging continuously saying nothing constructive and yet defending apple to the end. Even lying about having an open eco-system like android.

Wow this is the SECOND [ well, third if you count both posts in this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/go...ndom-reboot-workaround-found.html#post2483103 ] time you have accused me of "lying about having an open eco-system". In fairnes i can only be 1005sure the posts int he other thread were directed at me [becuase you said so] but becuse of the nature ofthose posts I think it is fair to lump this one in them.

I think perhaps we have a communication issue. In order to show you that there are folks who do more than whine and do nothing constructive I'll attempt to elaborate and clear up our communication misunderstanding. Now, by my understanding of an closed Ecosystem it means that if I buy a car [We'll call it an iCar for FUN] and for that car I can only buy gas from 1 place then that is a closed ecosystem. Perhaps my car iCar can use that gas to drive to ANY fast food joint and I am free to get whatever fast food I want from them, but I still have to buy my iCar gas from the iCar gas station [No Sunnoco or BP for me :'( ] .

So I would like wise believe that If I have to download my Angry Birds App for my hand held device from from a single store and cannot download it elsewhere that then my handheld device would have a closed eco system. Now I freely admit my understanding of open and closed business eco-systems may be incorrect. But then that would make me misinformed not a liar. Just the same way as if I answered a post about "what would apple do if their iPads were randomly rebooting?" in a light hearted manner poking fun at some of the problems with Apple and their devices it would be called joking or kidding not lying.

Hopefully this clears up my portion of any miscommunication that may have occured. Now we can happliy return to answering questions, helping others, voicing serious concerns and goofing around by having alittle bit of fun.

:D

anonuk

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

roberts68

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Who do I call to exchange my n10?
Is just crashing left and right today.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, I didn't mean you.

Actually, totally My fault! So I owe YOU an apology. Sorry! I confused you with the poster who you were quoting in that other thread. Seeing eco system mixed with lying obviously confused me. once again sorry about the mix up. Have a Happy New Year