Nexus 10 won't charge anymore

CookieJar13

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
My Nexus 10 has worked great for a few weeks, but now it won't recharge. I plug it in the charger and the black screen gives me a brief glimpse of a charged battery, then it goes to a battery icon for a few seconds, then back to black. So in essence it's a dead Neuxs. I've used multiple chargers and none work on my Nexus, but they all work on my droid phone. Do I need to return it or is there a fix out there for this?

johnyguy#AC

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
My Nexus 10 has worked great for a few weeks, but now it won't recharge. I plug it in the charger and the black screen gives me a brief glimpse of a charged battery, then it goes to a battery icon for a few seconds, then back to black. So in essence it's a dead Neuxs. I've used multiple chargers and none work on my Nexus, but they all work on my droid phone. Do I need to return it or is there a fix out there for this?

I had the exact same issue I called Google to get a new charger but they wanted me to send back the tablet as well ...so I said no way
Than I went home and tryd again with the screen on don't turn it off. And it worked. I don't know what was wrong.

Maybe because i let the tablet dye all the way to zero when it turns it self of .
I haven't have a problem ever since,
Try to charge it with a cell phone charger that is what I did , but than I went back to the Samsung charger with no issue.

lumpynose

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
The charger that came with mine randomly won't charge my tablet; sometimes it does, sometimes not. And I always made sure the tablet was getting juice; I wait until I see the battery with the lightening bolt and then the one with the inside going up. I've stopped using the original charger and use the one for my phone or garmin watch. They always work.

Last edited:

mokarinka

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I have my Nexus for one week. Since I bought it in the US and use it in Europe, I had to use different phone charger. It worked until now, it doesn't charge anymore. I tried different chargers, it turns on, I can use it while plugged, but without it it goes off. Any advice please? :(

RonD

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
You need a 2 amp charger, not a .5 amp charger. Leave it on the charger for 4 or 5 hours to get a full charge. If you use a .5 amp charger, the tablet will use the power faster than the charger can supply it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800