POGO charging cable is available for sale soon!!!

spyderrc10gt2

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I mixed up that 20% with 40%. Their claim is 40% faster. And here is their source: Pogo Charger

"This is a pogo charger for Nexus 10. This make a nexus 10 charged 40% faster than a micro usb, so a battery wouldn?t be drained faster than being charged by a micro usb!. It will be available on Amazon and ebay soon for sale. If you want to get a notification when it is available for sale, please leave your email. Thank you."

I am not saying it is proven to be 40% faster, only that that is their claim and that they never claimed it would be twice as fast (100% faster) as you indicate. In theory, it has face validity (meaning it is not an outrageous claim). I don't care how fast it charges, myself, since overnight is overnight to me. For me, I am extremely happy the Nexus 10 has standard USB charging and is compatible with my Anker battery pack and various other cables and chargers, without any proprietary stuff.

As for whether it is worth the money, that depends on each person's use case and expectation. Charge speed is just one factor in the several I mentioned previously:

1) It charges faster than the microUSB spec will allow. (A claim not verified by anyone yet)
2) It connects more quickly.
3) It is damage-proof if cord is tripped or yanked.
4) Saves wear on microUSB port.
5) Allows charging while also using microUSB for data at the same time.
#3 is the main reason why I purchased it. Having 2 kids in my house, the charging cord has already been tripped on a few times. Plus I want to be able to charge while also use an xbox controller

Craig King

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
First the usb spec would relate to charging with USB from a computer. The physical wire can carry more current. If you look at the charger provided with the nexus 10 it can provide 2 amps at 5 volts. The usb spec with computers limits it to 500 Milli amps or 1/4 the power output of the wall charger. This won't do anything to speed up charging from a pc device. It won't magically allow a xbox or a computer provide more power then the spec allows.

The benefits are in the way it connects. Now if this was more then a cable it might be different. But it isn't.

johnyguy#AC

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
What's your point?

I was quote this :

First the usb spec would relate to charging with USB from a computer. The physical wire can carry more current. If you look at the charger provided with the nexus 10 it can provide 2 amps at 5 volts. The usb spec with computers limits it to 500 Milli amps or 1/4 the power output of the wall charger. This won't do anything to speed up charging from a pc device. It won't magically allow a xbox or a computer provide more power then the spec allows.

The benefits are in the way it connects. Now if this was more then a cable it might be different. But it isn't.

kcad01

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Johnyguy#ac

Your posts are coming across (to me anyway) as very defensive. I was wondering, aside from you placing an order for the pogo charger, do you have any other relationship or affiliation with the seller?

johnyguy#AC

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Johnyguy#ac

Your posts are coming across (to me anyway) as very defensive. I was wondering, aside from you placing an order for the pogo charger, do you have any other relationship or affiliation with the seller?

No I don't have anything to do with the seller.

There was a post where the guy was saying the pogo charger would take longer than the USB.
Some people just come here he had 4 posts and all he had to say is this is don't work and that has no need without any prove.
That's all..

Craig King

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
What's your point?

I was quote this :

My point is simple. If your source can only provide 500 milliamps or 2 amps the cable isn't going to change that. We need to not focus on charge speed but the other benefits of the magnetic power connection.

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I clocked my charge times. I drained my tablet all the way until it turned off, then set 30 minutes on the clock and plugged it in. results after 30 minutes my tablet reached 9%. giving that 1% may be remaining power that's 8% every half hour. I checked my charge time again at 1 hour and 10 minutes I got 20%. But If the pogo charger charges at 10% every 30 minutes that equals 3.3% charge every 10 minutes, where as micro usb charges at a rate of 2.6% every 10 minutes. Which mean usb charging will reach 100% at 6 hours and 30 minutes where as pogo charger charges 100% at 5 hours. Which means the ebay description of 25% charging speed increase is accurate. Though math can't be truly accurate when it comes to batteries and that 1% variable I factored in as remaining power on usb charging. If you get anything other number on usb much higher than this, than you can't read a clock and your making stuff up. This is my second nexus 10 bought at a completely different store.

G-Money713

May 20, 2010
Visit site
3) It is damage-proof if cord is tripped or yanked.
4) Saves wear on microUSB port.
5) Allows charging while also using microUSB for data at the same time.

20$ for minor conveniences and 2% faster charge rate /h ? You decide.

How is saving wear on microUSB port "minor convenience"? And so what if it is. How many useless products do you already have? The N10 is a $500 convenience item. How many cases do you have for that only offer minor changes?

This is a luxury device that deserves some luxury accessories!
Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

johnyguy#AC

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Who is talking crap here? Nexus 10 charging time, with graph - xda-developers

^ The mUSB definitely charges faster than 12%/h. It varies but a lot of people get about 18-20%/h, including myself as I can get the device fully charged in a little over 5 hours. The pogo will make no difference to me at all if it charges at 20%/h, and it looks like it does that, atleast according to the video.

20$ for minor conveniences and 2% faster charge rate /h ? You decide.

I tested mine and it charged 12% in an hour. With the same conditions as the test above.

By the way that test showes up to 80% ,up to 80% is the fastes to charge from 80-100 takes the longest time to charge any device .

johnyguy#AC

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I clocked my charge times. I drained my tablet all the way until it turned off, then set 30 minutes on the clock and plugged it in. results after 30 minutes my tablet reached 9%. giving that 1% may be remaining power that's 8% every half hour. I checked my charge time again at 1 hour and 10 minutes I got 20%. But If the pogo charger charges at 10% every 30 minutes that equals 3.3% charge every 10 minutes, where as micro usb charges at a rate of 2.6% every 10 minutes. Which mean usb charging will reach 100% at 6 hours and 30 minutes where as pogo charger charges 100% at 5 hours. Which means the ebay description of 25% charging speed increase is accurate. Though math can't be truly accurate when it comes to batteries and that 1% variable I factored in as remaining power on usb charging. If you get anything other number on usb much higher than this, than you can't read a clock and your making stuff up. This is my second nexus 10 bought at a completely different store.

Also have you try to watch Netflix while charging its not takeing charge but with the pogo it should so that's a plus as well.

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Actually i have had no problem charging usb while watching netflix at maximum brightness, it charges painfully slow. The only time i have a problem charging is gaming. It drains my battery like 20% faster than I can charge. I just keep it plugged in while playing to minimize the battery drain. I wish i had a pogo charger because this micro usb port feels very fragile compared to my phone. Im going to wait to get it through official google channels though. I'm most likely going to drop like 80 bucks of accessories to keep it safe then sell this for $400 in october of 2013 if samsung pops out a quad core tablet with super amoled hd plus, or Youm due to the fact of i just want better battery life and a bright screen

johnyguy#AC

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Actually i have had no problem charging usb while watching netflix at maximum brightness, it charges painfully slow. The only time i have a problem charging is gaming. It drains my battery like 20% faster than I can charge. I just keep it plugged in while playing to minimize the battery drain. I wish i had a pogo charger because this micro usb port feels very fragile compared to my phone. Im going to wait to get it through official google channels though. I'm most likely going to drop like 80 bucks of accessories to keep it safe then sell this for $400 in october of 2013 if samsung pops out a quad core tablet with super amoled hd plus, or Youm due to the fact of i just want better battery life and a bright screen

That makes sense.

Yes they always come out with something better.

jstevenkim

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi there,

Sorry for causing you various concerns about the orders on ebay. For some reason ebay removed the listing of pogo cable, so we are closely working with ebay to resolve the issue. We believe although it was clearly stated that the order would be shipped out from 28th of December, some buyers must claimed the delayed shipping. Anyway, all orders had been dispatched by yesterday and tracking information had been provided to all buyers. Thank you for your patient.

One thing that I want to clarify is that the pogo cable definitely charges Nexus 10 faster than the micro usb. However, as we stated on the ebay listing its charging speed may varies on depending on your charging condition, specifically how much remaining battery life you have in your nexus 10, or what a type application you are running while on charging. We believe that the pogo cable gives you an optimal speed that would not shorten your battery lifetime. Anyway, if you expect 30 or 40% enhancement of charging speed by using the pogo cable, you may get disappointed but definitely it provides you the enhanced charging speed at least 15~20% or above.

There are many other benefits of using the magnetic pogo cable such as protecting your nexus 10 from accidental fall in case someone trips over the cord, wear and tear of the usb port, and so on.

We are starting selling the pogo cable on ebay soon and this time an item will be promptly shipped out. Thank you for your interest!.

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I am not interested in getting an eBay account. However in one of your initial posts you stated the cable would also be available through amazon. When is that going to happen?