nexus 10 stuck at X after loading supersu v.98

wingedwheel19

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I loaded the sdk
loaded su v.98.zip to sd card
adb oem unlock (successfull)
fastboot (responded with device)
fastboot recovery recovery.img (cwm 6.0.1.6) (sucessfull)
reboot
fastboot got to recovery, bootloader unlocked
wiped data/cache
selected install zip from sdcard, it didn't show there, so i chose install from sideload. used adb sideload cwm-supersu-v0.98.zip
completed sucessfully
reboot only to get stuck at the google X (waited 30 mins) repeated and same result.

how can I get back to a functional android?

Thanks

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
did you unlock the bootloader before loading supersu? if yes, then the case of issue was unlocking the boot loader and not loading supersu.
many in xda forum mentioned this caused because of corrupt files created in harddisk when unlocking bootloader.
the solution is to factory reset the tablet which would wipe the old files and recreate file structure.
wiping data cache wouldnt fix it.

wingedwheel19

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I did unlock the nexus prior to loading supersu. Question then is how to reset to factory? I can boot to clockwork Mod Recovery no way to restore,
Do I need 7-zip installed to use google tool kit 1.3, told it to download and install factory rom and it failed. I have winrar and winzip. You'd think the toolkit would
have built in uncompress software.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
you can factory reset from clockworkmod recovery. there is an option to factory reset. dig though the options.
why do you need toolkit again since you have already loaded suspersu. it is now rooted. doing a factory reset wont undo the root or lock your bootloader.
it will just wipe the hardisk and re calibrate the harddisk. or maybe i didnt understand the second part of your question.

wingedwheel19

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
in the clockworkmod, getting an error, can't mount sdcard. under backup and restore. i do not see a factory reset option even under advanced.
there is
install zip from sdcard
install zip from sideload
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
backup and restore
mounts and storage
advanced
reboot recovery
wipe dalvik cache
wipe battery stats
report error
key test
show log
fix permissions

those are the options

Last edited:

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok, since you said in your initial post that you installed SDK you will have all fastboot files.

so can you follow these steps that i created for factory restore nexus devices?? http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...er-factory-restore-root-any-nexus-device.html

since you installed sdk and unlocked boot loader step 0 and 1 are not necessary. but it would be good if you read through it.

follow step 2 and 3.

On step 4 instead of using superuser as mention in my post use supersu here is the supersu link SuperSU Download

taken from official xda member posted here [04.12.2012] SuperSU v0.99 - xda-developers

wingedwheel19

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
ok, before i follow through with this, the downoload in the instructions for the nexus 10 is a .rar not a .zip and it only contains 1 file of type file, not multiple files like the instructions, nothing to edit. when you extract, there is only one file, it is copied to the platform-tools directory.... so the instructions:
Code:
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-maguro-primelc03.img
fastboot reboot-bootloader

fastboot flash radio radio-maguro-i9250xxlf1.img
fastboot reboot-bootloader

fastboot -w update image-yakju-jro03c.zip
won't work.

i've got fastboot, i've got the .rar for the nexus 10 before i proceed i want to be clear on what to do. step 2 seems to not fit this file

wingedwheel19

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
ok, the file inside rar was unspecified compressed file. unzipped it using winrar again and got file. many had different names than mentioned, but i made my way through instructions substituting some steps, but got it to work.

many many thanks...

if you're ever in grand rapids mich. i owe u a couple still 1...

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
ok, the file inside rar was unspecified compressed file. unzipped it using winrar again and got file. many had different names than mentioned, but i made my way through instructions substituting some steps, but got it to work.

many many thanks...

if you're ever in grand rapids mich. i owe u a couple still 1...
:) glad i could help.

Biggie Zul

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
wen u fastboot the image.zip, did it show a list of menus? like fastboot option command? for me, wen i fastboot the image.zip file, it lead to dis. n i don tink my nexus 10 is flash to stock mode. help pls?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv