Anti-thieft?

N4warhead

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I am currently waiting the arrival of my Nexus 10 32gb and was looking up anti-thief apps and came across Cerberus. I have a couple questions about it, I've read it's mostly for android phone's but was wondering how would it work for a tablet. The main things are, does the Nexus 10 stay connected via wifi in sleep mode? Sense you can't use the sms commands for that app and would only be able to send commands through their website. If your wifi is off or it's not connect it just seems like that app would be useless. Does anyone use this app? How does it work for you? What app do you prefer for anti-thief?

Thanks
N4warhead

dajobo

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I have it on my phone and tablet, and am thankful I've never had to use it, at least when not playing with it.

Its a WiFi and GPS tablet, so SMS is out of the question. However it needs to be connected to at least a WiFi, for you to locate or send commands to it, of any kind. When you ask for GPS location, and signal is sent through WiFi, then activates the devices GPS, so you can view where your tablet is at.

The app is useless is device is off, or not connected to the internet. However, its the best tool out there, short of beating down the burglar's door and taking it back.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I The main things are, does the Nexus 10 stay connected via wifi in sleep mode? Sense you can't use the sms commands for that app and would only be able to send commands through their website.

Quick Settings>Wi-fi>Menu [the three buttons in top right]>Advanced> Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep.

I believe this is the setting you are looking for. Keep in mind a theif can always power off the device

N4warhead

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your reply, I found that out after doing some more digging. I know all they have to do is turn it off (hoping they wouldn't because of the beautiful display lol) either way it's better to have something just in case.

Edit: I have another question. If you always have your wifi on (even in sleep mode), how much more power will it use vs turning wifi off during sleep?

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Edit: I have another question. If you always have your wifi on (even in sleep mode), how much more power will it use vs turning wifi off during sleep?

I can't say how much. I usually turn mine off at night. I will say the few times I left it on over night I didnt even notice the usage. Others milage may vary depending amount of emails & app/widget data usage.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1