First Five Things To Do

slywalk

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
So i get my nexus 10 this friday, after only what feels like a million years of waiting. I was wondering what the AC community thinks are the first 5 things to do on a brand new n10 :D
Any ideas, shoot!

KJ

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
The first things I did when I got mine

1. Installed my favorite widgets (Beautiful Widget Clock & Weather, Gmail, Calendar, Bookmarks and Astrid Tasks) and selected the Beautiful Live Weather wallpaper
2. Set up SyncSMS so that I can send texts through my Android phone from the tablet (made sure I set up the Gmail Sync currently in Beta)
3. Side loaded the Swype Beta keyboard apk from my Wifi Xoom (the installer is broken for 4.2.1)
4. Installed OfficeSuite and Dropbox
5. Made bookmark groupings on the home screen for some of my favorite website (groupings for News, Work, etc)

mdcraig

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't know how much you like to tinker with your devices, but if you want to root at any point, I would do it right away. Unlocking the bootloader will wipe everything you've downloaded/transfered. Not saying you need to root though. The only reason I did was for Titanium Backup.

asterather

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
1. Games. Lots of them look/feel/play really well on here.
2. Any apps that you use/rely on.
3. Dropbox. Very valuable.
4. Test out different browsers and keyboards to see which works best for you.
5. Test out anything and everything to see what works best for you.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
First 5 thing i did.

1. update to latest version without even logging in with my gmail id
2. unlocked the bootloader (didnt root)
3. played HD videos in MX player
4. played play store movies that comes with it for free.
5. after a week rooted.

Last edited:

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Movie is ice age: Open up [Google] Play Movies app [looks like red filmstrip icon] and it should be there. I'm guessing any free songs are in the [Google] Play music App [looks like yellow orange headphone icon.

jzcombo

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a top five, but I will say, the best thing that I have done since owning the Nexus 10 was purchasing Tablet Talk from GooglePlay. This program allows you to send and receive text messages and calls from your Nexus 10. Worth the purchase. A Must Have.
Just some tech talk: The app works through your WiFi or Bluetooth between the phone and tablet. So your messages never pass through a server, but from your own network.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDNd&token=ZfxpZP0K

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a top five, but I will say, the best thing that I have done since owning the Nexus 10 was purchasing Tablet Talk from GooglePlay. This program allows you to send and receive text messages and calls from your Nexus 10. Worth the purchase. A Must Have.
Just some tech talk: The app works through your WiFi or Bluetooth between the phone and tablet. So your messages never pass through a server, but from your own network.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDNd&token=sKXiQ_rR

Totally agree with this one, excellent app for a tablet. Once you get it, you wonder how you did without it.

I would also get a case ASAP, especially if you plan on taking it anywhere on a regular basis. I really like the Supcase I have. I also have seen the Poetic brand on one, it looks nice too.

I also recommend QuickOffice Pro HD, Picasa Tool & SiriusXM. I have been a Sirius lifetime member since the beginning. Can't live without it!

One more I will throw out there is Voxer. Great way to communicate. Use this app all the time.

slywalk

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Totally agree with this one, excellent app for a tablet. Once you get it, you wonder how you did without it.

I would also get a case ASAP, especially if you plan on taking it anywhere on a regular basis. I really like the Supcase I have. I also have seen the Poetic brand on one, it looks nice too.

I also recommend QuickOffice Pro HD, Picasa Tool & SiriusXM. I have been a Sirius lifetime member since the beginning. Can't live without it!

One more I will throw out there is Voxer. Great way to communicate. Use this app all the time.

Thanks!

ibmnasa69

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
The first thing I did was to put my phone number in the information that is displayed on \the locked screen. That way if it is lost and an honest person finds it, they can get in touch with me.

KJ

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Just tried Tablet Talk. Thanks to all above who recommended it. Nice app!

I just tried it as well, but I didn't like the fact it needed a Bluetooth connection (or wifi) to work. I tend to walk away from my tablet and the devices disconnected when I was out of bluetooth range and needed to be manually connected. I've been using SyncSMS, which uses dropbox or your google acount (beta) to sync between devices. The interface isn't quite as nice as Tablet Talk, but I like the fact the phone and tablet don't need to be near each other to work.

G-Money713

May 20, 2010
Visit site
The first things I did when I got mine. I know I am missing something important.

1. Installed my widgets (Beautiful Widget Clock & Weather, Calendar, FriendCaster Pro, Google Reader, Google Voice, AudioManager, ) and selected the Apex Launcher Pro.
2. Set up Tablet Talk so that I can send texts through my Android phone from the tablet
3. Set up SwiftKey Tablet Keyboard
4. Installed MX player, Dropbox, and QuickOffice Pro HD
5. GAMES! At least 10.

Sent from my Nexus 10

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
So i get my nexus 10 this friday, after only what feels like a million years of waiting. I was wondering what the AC community thinks are the first 5 things to do on a brand new n10 :D
Any ideas, shoot!

1) Put it on charger
2) Add login
3) Check for updates
4) Install AirDroid.
5) Install Firefox + Adblock + Flash plugin

Then I start adding back my games and stuff :)

PlanetPluto7

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
1. Install my favorite wallpaper, Galaxy 2. Install OfficeSuite Pro (the best) 3. Install ES File Explorer and set the link to my Fileserver via Samba. 4. Copy a ton of music to it. 5. Copy a few movies to it and install "Mediahouise" too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad