Google Voice - place and receive calls problem.

Noiso

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I have been using Google Voice on my Mac to make and receive calls for over a year. I just got a Nex. 10 and can't seem to figure out how to call out with it. I am able to send/get texts and retrieve/listen to voicemail.
When I try to call using the App I click the the phone icon, select one of my contacts and click connect. A message pops up saying Google Voice is calling you at (my email address) and will connect you to (my contact's ph.#). When I click OK nothing happens.
Using Chrome to Google Voice it is trying to call my number then connect as well? Nothing happens. I seem to remember having to configure this out of my experience when I first starting using G Voice.
On my laptop there is a dialer right in my Gmail interface and I am able to place and receive calls using my Google Voice number - what gives here? Any advice or instructions would be appreciated.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I have been using Google Voice on my Mac to make and receive calls for over a year. I just got a Nex. 10 and can't seem to figure out how to call out with it. I am able to send/get texts and retrieve/listen to voicemail.
When I try to call using the App I click the the phone icon, select one of my contacts and click connect. A message pops up saying Google Voice is calling you at (my email address) and will connect you to (my contact's ph.#). When I click OK nothing happens.
Using Chrome to Google Voice it is trying to call my number then connect as well? Nothing happens. I seem to remember having to configure this out of my experience when I first starting using G Voice.
On my laptop there is a dialer right in my Gmail interface and I am able to place and receive calls using my Google Voice number - what gives here? Any advice or instructions would be appreciated.
you need an app called groove Ip. it will let you make calls via your google voice number. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...tore/apps/details?id=com.gvoip&token=6jqR83rU
since google voice is call forwarding service and make use of phones dialer to dial numbers google voice app wont work on tablets.
it also wont let you make calls via voip. there might be alternate apps

the gator

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Tablets do work with Google Voice ,you do need to download Groove ip which will give you the dialer.

you need an app called groove Ip. it will let you make calls via your google voice number. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...tore/apps/details?id=com.gvoip&token=wroO-nLC
since google voice is call forwarding service and make use of phones dialer to dial numbers google voice app wont work on tablets.
it also wont let you make calls via voip. there might be alternate apps

Noiso

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Thanks still1. I went and read the reviews on grooveIP and researched some different apps. I just installed TalkaTone and it works just fine so far. The only funny thing seems to be the answer button for incoming calls is in a weird place. I am still finding my way around the device though (xmas present). What a relief not to have to lug my 19" macbook anywhere ever again.
Thanks again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech