Is Nexus 10 worth purchasing?

bigstomachking

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I need some advice.
I have been using iPad2 for more than 1 year, now passed it to my father.

Time to switch to Android! But the screen size somehow bother me. Honestly I prefer 4:3 screen, though I want a Android tablet that much...

I want some experience on any iPad user switching to Android tablet, do you feel uncomfortable about the screen? What if I use tablet a lot to watch movies???

Thanks!!!

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I love my nexus 10. Its faster than my laptop and the games and screen are omg. I have 9 widgets on 2 home pages and a separate page for games. This thing is quick as hell and the whole latest android experience makes ios 6 seem like they half assed it. Plus I love how android has game sales where you can get some high end games that are usually $7 for 99?. The only thing different that you have to do with android different than apple is when you download a game you have to go into that games settings and max out the graphics/resolution. Make sure you get a 32gb one or else you'll be sorry. I already hit 16gb in one week and i don't even have any music or videos on it.

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
If you're on a budget, then the N7 for sure. I have one and love it. The screen is nice for watching movies and reading, much better than the iPad mini. But if you have extra cash lying around, then I'd point you in the direction of the N10. While I don't own one myself, I know several people that are quite happy with theirs. N7 and N10 are the best Android tablets out there IMO.

Sent from the cockpit of Gurren Lagann

bigstomachking

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Thank you Tyler !!! So 32 gb is a necessary!

But compared to iPad, will the screen size bother when watching TV drama or Youtube???

Thanks Mango!!! I think I will go for N10!!!

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
The screen size on the nexus 10 is 10 inches in 16:9. So that means no black bars like on the Ipad and it technically has a higher resolution than the Ipad. There is only flaw in the Nexus 10. Its the battery. Its not horrible but its like a hour or 2 less than the ipad but its faster, the operating system does more, and it feels so Premium and original. The only reason the less battery is google decided to put a smaller battery in it to keep cost and weight down. I still get like 7 hours out of it on continues use. You do need to spend like 20 bucks on a pogo charger to cut charging time down by 25% you dont half to but its so worth.

anonuk

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

But compared to iPad, will the screen size bother when watching TV drama or Youtube???

That depends on how networked your home is. I have a NAS so can easily move data about.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
The only reason the less battery is google decided to put a smaller battery in it to keep cost and weight down

I think the reasons are far more involved than what you speculated. The differences in display, background tasks ETC all factor into it. To be certain the iPad has a longer battery life, but then the Sun also looks especially bright when you spend so much time in the shadows of the walled garden.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

watching movies is better in nexus 10 than on ipad because of the screen ratio.
I find it really good holding it in portrait and watching video's

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Man guys! All these pros for the n10 makes me want to get it now instead of waiting to see how their $99 tablet is going to be. It's mostly for my kids anyway so I'll probably wait unless a really good deal comes for the n10 32gb.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm wanting to get the 16gb version and I have no plans to keep music or movies on it. What else do you have that has already taken up that much storage?

I have only games and some apps. One of my games is like over 40 hours of game play and amazing graphics which is 3.5 gb. 5Gb completely block for operating system. I have 23 games. 8 are in HD. Rest of apps are Facebook, IM, Netflix, Hulu Plus, Youtube, Pandora. The play store has been having some amazing sales so it's easy to fill up your tablet.

bigstomachking

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Thank you all guys!!! N10 sounds like a perfect device for movies!!! I am 100% sure now that I will go for that!!! haha May come back with review next week XDD

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Howdy , just to say n10 in 32 is the way to go if you must have a non apple tablet. Problems with thr supplied charger are true it takes awhile
However if you just gotta have one I recommend the n10. No problems with mine as of 10 days of use
But I think I will return due to the fact the industry is rapidly changing ,and the lack of sd card is bad for me.
The drop test is excellent no worrys but I don't think id throw it around.
Feels good works great sounds good. But...technology is moving rapidly. I will wait a little longer
And see what is to come in the next couple of months. :)

anonuk

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Howdy , just to say n10 in 32 is the way to go if you must have a non apple tablet. Problems with thr supplied charger are true it takes awhile
However if you just gotta have one I recommend the n10. No problems with mine as of 10 days of use
But I think I will return due to the fact the industry is rapidly changing ,and the lack of sd card is bad for me.
Feels good works great sounds good. But...technology is moving rapidly. I will wait a little longer

If the tech has moved on already why don't you buy your replacement already. What a strange post. You also only kept it 10 days.

KJ

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site

I thought the lack of an sdcard would bother me after using a card with a Xoom for 2 years, but really with an OTG cable and a sdcard to usb adapter I haven't missed the slot.

KJ

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
If the tech has moved on already why don't you buy your replacement already. What a strange post. You also only kept it 10 days.

No kidding, with tech you can also spend your life waiting for the next best thing. The great thing about a Nexus device is that you'll have the latest and greatest operating system before everyone else.

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Gawd Man,
Don't Do It.

Lightbleed ( They all have it on the bottom right corner while watching a movie.. some have it at various spots all around the screen..) there are some on XDA that are on their 8th Nexus-10 because of the Lightbleed issue.., Google 4.2.1 makes your Nexus-10 run WORSE than 4.1.1 ( Random Reboots, studders using Chorme studders in NFS Most Wanted ) Been use to eating well with the ipad's 275,000 Tablet Optimized Apps? you will just have the Developer's "Crumbs" here.. only 50-100 tablet optimized apps for Android.. Developers develope for iPad.. So I hope you don't like Tablet Optimized App variety on your plate.. or you can live with Blown Up ( 2x ) Phone Apps running on your Nexus-10... If so, you are good to go. Android has over 700,000 of them waiting for you to download and run on your Nexus-10..

Do yourself a big favor..
Walk into an Apple Store and let them fit you with a Retina Display State of the Art iPad 4..
You'll be glad you did.

Keith Patrick

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
The Nexus 10 is the first tablet I've ever owned, but I have messed around with other tablets before. I love this thing! First vanilla android device I've purchased as well. I'm very happy with it and I'm sure you will be too.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2