Transferring Files with Nexus 10

Justin Kincaid

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I did a quick search on the forums for a solution to this problem, but I came up empty, which makes me think that I'm a complete idiot. Luckily, I'm sure that someone will be able to post a quick solution for me and then I can quietly remove this post from the forums.

My problem is that I would like to transfer files from my Asus laptop to my Nexus 10. I know that I could use Google Drive, but I'd prefer to not have to upload a 300 mb file and then download the same. I assumed that by connecting my laptop to my Nexus 10 using the USB drive that the device comes with would work. It didn't. I'm thinking that I'm missing some drivers somewhere, but none installed and when I ran a google search, nothing helpful came up.

So, what do I do? Is it simply impossible to transfer files through a USB cord? Or is my laptop simply a failure in yet a new and colorful way?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
1. if you have not touched "developer options" ignore step 1. if yes, then make sure USB debugging is disabled in developer option (its disabled by default)
2. connect your nexus 10 to PC using USB cable
3. go to settings-->Storage-->menu(three dots on top right)-->USB mass storage--> make sure MTP is checked.

nexus 10 hdd should appear on your computer.

QueenPushyCat

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
Sorry, I know this thread is super old... Apparently my Nexus 10 has problem with files transferring.

I checked the Developer options that the USB debugging is disabled. I tried the MTP option, as well as downloaded the AirDroid application in both my PC and my tablet. None works. I can't transfer files. AT ALL.

I don't know what happen... can anyone give me some advice? :(

I got this tablet for a year now; I didn't have problem with transferring files... and then I got problem trying to even create New Folder and renaming it. And I decided to do a factory reset recently, creating New Folder and renaming it work but not transferring file.

Help~

priya9898

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Problems copying non-media file types to Nexus and other Android devices. Please note: This posting is just as a matter of record in case anyone has a similar issue now or in the future.

Tom Bergstra

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, I know this thread is super old... Apparently my Nexus 10 has problem with files transferring.

I checked the Developer options that the USB debugging is disabled. I tried the MTP option, as well as downloaded the AirDroid application in both my PC and my tablet. None works. I can't transfer files. AT ALL.

I don't know what happen... can anyone give me some advice? :(

I got this tablet for a year now; I didn't have problem with transferring files... and then I got problem trying to even create New Folder and renaming it. And I decided to do a factory reset recently, creating New Folder and renaming it work but not transferring file.

Help~

Why nog use USB stick on one side micro USB other side normale USB.
Install the app " Nexus media importeren" for example but there are more app

Good luck

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
someguyredeye