Nexus 10 is Miracast away from really taking the glory from iPads

mpower13

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
I got my Nexus 10 christmas day, and I love it. I also got a Sony home stereo reciever with AirPlay functionality. Let me say that using my iTouch 4 and streaming music to my home stereo with AirPlay is fantastic, flawless, and seamless. I am not an Apple fan at all, but damn they have something with this AirPlay thing.

I downloaded some apps for my Nexus 10 and GS3 that allow me to also stream music using AirPlay on my reciever, however as expected the interface is pretty clunky and I have to press alot more buttons to make it all work.

Point of my rambling is that when or if this whole Miracast thing comes to our devices and if its as well integrated as AirPlay, well then everyone is in for a real treat. It is the future of home network media sharing and control.

anonuk

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
DLNA is easy to set up, and most equip does it now. I'm not into audio but all my other home systems support it from PC, NAS, PS3 to my TV.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I would like to see one device for all your streaming needs. more miracast settings in Android. all we have now is ON/OFF switch for miracast.
should let you stream Music/video/Photos/screen with option to display on phone or the receiving device.

option to stream embedded videos like youtube/netflix or musics like Pandora/Radio's and similar apps to stream even with apps minimized