The flaws of the Nexus 10

mcox9000

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
You can?t really go by what other people say, everyone has there own preference's. You can do what I did before I bought mine and go to your local Staples store and see the contrast for yourself, they have it on display. It looks fantastic to me, maybe if there is an I-Pad or another tablet right next to it you might see the difference in it but looks good to me. You need to see for yourself before you choose the wrong tablet just because of some contrast that may or may not be there. For right now I feel I made the right choice, so far so good with everything.:)

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Some people prefer the cloud. Hence why the N4 was sold out so darn quickly when they first came out. (Not purely because of that, but they obviously couldn't care less about lack of expandable memory.)

No phone or tablet has expandable memory. And the issue isn't just that it has no expandable storage, but that it lacks a reasonable amount of storage to begin with. It could not cost more than $5 additional to have offered 32GB of storage instead of the ridiculous 8 or 16.

OTACORB

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
You can?t really go by what other people say, everyone has there own preference's. You can do what I did before I bought mine and go to your local Staples store and see the contrast for yourself, they have it on display. It looks fantastic to me, maybe if there is an I-Pad or another tablet right next to it you might see the difference in it but looks good to me. You need to see for yourself before you choose the wrong tablet just because of some contrast that may or may not be there. For right now I feel I made the right choice, so far so good with everything.:)

I agree with that. I really did not notice the contrast on the Nexus 10 being softer, until I encountered a friend with an iPad 4. It is noticeable, but I do not see this as a deal breaker. That would be the last thing I would consider in making a choice. Just go check them out an play with them awhile then get what will make you the happiest.

Miss Elayn

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I agree, the best is that I see it with my own eyes The problem is that I heard in Canada, it is sold only in the Google Play store. I called some Wal-Mart and they have never heard about the Nexus 10... Staples don't have them either. But I'm not too picky, I have never own an iPad in my life so I wouldn't see the difference. I even have a big old tv (you know the old ones that are not flat?) and a DVD player (still don't have a Blu-Ray) and I think the quality of the image is ok already. (I told in another thread that I was a dinosaur... lol. I bet you all agree now.) :p So I think if people say here that it's good, it has to be good! Also my friend has a Samsung Note and I thought the pics she took was great. So if it was the same, I would already be happy with it.

OTACORB

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Just go for it, its a great tablet. We can always find stuff to nitpick, but that great display and those front facing speakers make it all worthwhile in my book.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
No phone or tablet has expandable memory. And the issue isn't just that it has no expandable storage, but that it lacks a reasonable amount of storage to begin with. It could not cost more than $5 additional to have offered 32GB of storage instead of the ridiculous 8 or 16.

Reasonable for you. Many people don't need more than the 32 or even 16 GB options available and many that do get it anyway because they either don't mind using cloud storage or find that what they like about the device makes up for it to them. It's all preference, what works for some doesn't work for others.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

mcox9000

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
With all I?ve heard about the lack of data space for the Nexus 10 no one has mentioned anything about using a USB flash drive, you can use them on tablets right? This is my first tablet and haven?t had a chance to try a flash drive yet.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
With all I?ve heard about the lack of data space for the Nexus 10 no one has mentioned anything about using a USB flash drive, you can use them on tablets right? This is my first tablet and haven?t had a chance to try a flash drive yet.

Only way you could do that is if the flash drive had a Micro USB port as that's all the N10 has but I don't think they make those.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Hahaha sorry about the ''memory'' thing crxssi. I am not particularly good in english so I translate word for word from french where there's the RAM memory and the storage memory! I was talking about the storage. I am happy to hear that the colors are great! Now the only thing, I agree, is that there's no SD card slot! I would have liked to be able to put pictures directly from my camera to the tablet!

You can, just plug your camera into the tablet.

Edit : I just noticed this was already answered.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

mcox9000

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
dx.com has at least 3 adapters that I saw on there site all for under $3. Once on there site do a micro usb search, if you don't know about this site yet you like it. Everything on the site has free shipping but the only thing is you have to wait about 2 weeks for it.

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
My only small complaint is the small amount of light bleed around the edges when there is a solid black screen. Mine may be defective though

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Miss Elayn

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
dx.com has at least 3 adapters that I saw on there site all for under $3. Once on there site do a micro usb search, if you don't know about this site yet you like it. Everything on the site has free shipping but the only thing is you have to wait about 2 weeks for it.

Thanks mcox9000, but when I do the search they give me like 4000 different cables! What do I need exactly if I want to be able to connect my camera directly to the tablet?

mcox9000

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
LOL..... Sorry about that Miss Elayn, there are a lot of cables. The Nexus 10 only has a micro usb and the usb flash drives are standard usb. So you need a male micro usb (to plug into the Nexus 10) to female standard for the usb flash drive to plug into. Some are the short adapters and some have the longer cables it?s your choice. Just as long as it?s male micro to female standard usb. I see on that site they also have a micro usb 16 gb flash drive for about $ 23 and you won?t even need the adapter.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
They forgot to mention the unexplained crashes and lack of service and support. Other than that it is right on.

It is the famous trolling "Snookasnoo" to the rescue again to set us all straight about how everything Google is horrible and everything Apple is wonderful. You were warned by a Moderator before and seem to be ignoring that. GO AWAY

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
They forgot to mention the unexplained crashes and lack of service and support. Other than that it is right on.

You've been asked to stop posting in a Nexus 10 thread before because of bashing for the sake of trolling, but it seems the trend still continues. Let's go ahead and extend that to the entire Nexus 10 forum. Consider your posting privileges in this forum revoked.

RBerger1938

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I've only had mine a week. I'm trying to solve the not-so-large storage problem by using cloud storage. Still haven't mastered that, but I do have a few files stored out there on Dropbox and Google Drive. Looks promising, if I could just figure out the easiest way to access those files for editing, and then shoot them back up to the cloud.