Which keyboard is best?

Keith Patrick

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried Swiftkey 3 for tablets or any other keyboard for that matter? How do they compare to the native keyboard?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

G-Money713

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I have SwiftKey Tablet Keyboard and can't get along without it. I tried Flow, but not as important on tablets. I don't like swiping on a 10" screen.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
before Jelly bean i downloaded many third party keyboard. Android keyboard was not that great at that time.
with JB 4.1-4.2 they brought prediction. sliding etc. the prediction and the sliding is very accurate and has improved a lot. it will only get better with next release.
so, i dropped all third party keyboards and now am using android keyboard.

KJ

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I migrated to the Nexus 10 from the Xoom Wi-Fi and tried a number of keyboards along the way. My favorite and the one I keep coming back to is Swype Beta (you can sign up and download it from their website for free). You can shrink the keyboard down to a third of the screen and Swype with one thumb while holding the device with your other 9 fingers. It's very comfortable, quick and easy way to "type."

Heelsandeers

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm on the fence about Swiftkey for tablets. How much different is it than the phone version? (I'm currently running the free trial of that)

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Go keyboard for sure. Its free, highly rated, and the predictions are just amazing. You have to change settings after download. Switch to 10 inch pad mode so it splits the keyboard in landscape then turn off auto correct so it doesn't auto fix stuff, just suggest the correct word.

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Go keyboard is like a full version of swift key 3 and its 100% free. I feel like they stole it but it works just as good and both have been around for years so its hard to say who is in the right.

Keith Patrick

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I appreciate all the suggestions guys. I have the paid version of Swiftkey 3 for my S3 and I love it. I just don't know if it is any better than the native keyboard.

the gator

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have swiftkey on my phone, on my Nexus 10 I use Thumb Keyboard, great keyboard only thing to make it perfect is the predictive text.

I appreciate all the suggestions guys. I have the paid version of Swiftkey 3 for my S3 and I love it. I just don't know if it is any better than the native keyboard.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I use SwiftKey 3 for tablets as well and I like how they have it split so you can use just your thumbs. Best keyboard for both phones and tablets IMO.

tofo17

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I migrated to the Nexus 10 from the Xoom Wi-Fi and tried a number of keyboards along the way. My favorite and the one I keep coming back to is Swype Beta (you can sign up and download it from their website for free). You can shrink the keyboard down to a third of the screen and Swype with one thumb while holding the device with your other 9 fingers. It's very comfortable, quick and easy way to "type."

What he said!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

inwester

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I like the stock keyboard, but the PC version of it.

Expand your keyboard ? Since the Nexus 10 has such a large screen you may want to expand to a full-sized PC-style keyboard that includes number keys and extras like the screenshot above has. It?s tricky to set up, but worth it if you like to type in landscape mode. Go to Settings/Language & input and then touch the settings Sliders next to ?Android keyboard.? Next, touch ?Advanced settings? and touch ?Custom input styles.? It will say Deutsch and Francais, but you can ignore that. Touch ?Add Style? near the upper right. Then select your language and change the layout from QWERTY to ?PC? or one of the other styles. Now touch ?Add? and you?ll see your new style appear in the list. Touch ?Enable? and use the back key to go back to the Language & input screen. Now touch ?Input languages? near the top and uncheck ?Use system language.? Lastly, touch ?English (US) (PC)? and you?re done. [Thanks to the guys at AndroidPIT for providing this tip.]

(courtsey 50 Great Tips & Tricks for the Nexus 10 ? Mostly-Tech)

Ripdroid

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
This sequence is not correct for the N10 is it? I can only follow up to this point: touch the settings Sliders next to ?Android keyboard.? I don't see Advanced settings?