Nexus 10 in stock on Google Play

kahfluie

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Came home and found this nice brown box that Mr. UPS left at my door. Yes the nexus 10 has arrived! sweet! So far am enjoying... Great display!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

kjung7

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Got mine today and there's massive back light bleeding. Called Google for RMA and they took care of it right away.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

x Pervy Sage

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
You guys are so lucky lol. I ordered the same day (Jan 2, around 3pm) and still haven't received a shipping notice or anything like that. Only got the receipt after I placed the order.

Now it's Friday night so I guess I won't be getting any updates till at least Monday... blah.

x Pervy Sage

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Just got my shipping notice on a Saturday! Super excited now lol.. I was a little wary if my order was going to go through as I am from Canada and ordered from the U.S. play store... But it worked!

Iraqi272

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Just got my shipping notice on a Saturday! Super excited now lol.. I was a little wary if my order was going to go through as I am from Canada and ordered from the U.S. play store... But it worked!

How were you able to order from the US store? I have been waiting since November to be able to order the Nexus 10 but it seems to have been out of stock since then. Google has been horrible with providing information about availability.

kjung7

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
How were you able to order from the US store? I have been waiting since November to be able to order the Nexus 10 but it seems to have been out of stock since then. Google has been horrible with providing information about availability.

Its still says shipping soon on Google Play

x Pervy Sage

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Are you from Canada as well?

To order from the US, I used my iPhone which for some reason gives me access to the US play store instead of the Canadian one. If you are on a PC you can use a proxy to get access to the US play store. Once on the site, I just used my Canadian credit card and a US shipping address. You DO have to have a US shipping address... I already have a US mail service that I use so it was easy for me. I live about 5 minutes from the border so I simply have to drive across and pick it up when it arrives :)

Its still says shipping soon on Google Play

That's because everyone only has access to their own country's play store. I'm assuming your in the US so it would look like it's in stock to you... but someone from Canada will see that it's sold out.

Iraqi272

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the answer! I was thinking of using the mail services available to Canadians. However, I did not think of using a proxy. I will give the Canadian play store one more week and will try it your way if its still not in stock by then.

kahfluie

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I have been able to play with my new tablet the last couple of days. Here some thoughts and observations that I've come across.

I had a couple of issues in setting up everything. First, when the tablet tried to download my apps from my Google account automatically, I kept running into errors. I restored the unit to factory defaults but that still did not work. after letting the unit sit for a while I was able to manually download my apps. I don't know if the play server was having issues, was overloaded, or if the unit was just trying to download too much too fast. Regardless, my apps downloaded but it was a long process.

The second issue was that the play app would not play movies. After tinkering around with the tablet, I noticed I had an update waiting for me for jelly bean 4 .2.1. I updated to the new version and the play app worked perfectly thereafter.

Movies look great on the tablet. the display is really really nice. I see no backlight issues.

I get about 10-12 hours of usage, but it does take a long time for the battery to fully charge. Simply put charge it while you sleep. I also noticed that while in sleep mode the battery tends to drain much faster then my Nexus 7 when in sleep mode.

I also noticed that when using camera if I rotate the tablet there is a moment where it seems to freeze while it orientates itself. It's not horribly bad and it's something you just get use to.

All in all, I'm very happy with the tablet. No regrets and I actually wish I had it sooner.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
BTW I ordered one on Wednesday and got it on Friday. Feels good to pay for 2 day shipping and actually receive it in 2 days.. Unlike my Nexus 7 or Nexus 4...

x Pervy Sage

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
BTW I ordered one on Wednesday and got it on Friday. Feels good to pay for 2 day shipping and actually receive it in 2 days.. Unlike my Nexus 7 or Nexus 4...

That 2 day shipping all depends on how fast Google will actually ship the thing out lol. You guys are lucky having them ship it out the next day after ordering. I ordered the same day as you but for some reason didn't get a shipping notice until Saturday. So will probably get my N10 around Tuesday.

tylan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I was actually pretty shocked at how quick it shipped and was received. Love this thing especially coming from a tf101.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Ordered Friday evening, delivery scheduled for tomorrow...I wasn't even in a hurry, since Google said "ships next week", but this is a pleasant surprise.

silentagenda

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I got my 16GB model around 17:00 or so. Updated Android, rebooted, and still running. Grandmother used it for four hours without pause.

x Pervy Sage

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
My N10 arrived today. Loving it so far, the screen is impressive. First time android user so I'm still getting used to everything :)

JohnSab123

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Lucky you
The Nexus 10 32GB has been out of stock in Canada for more than 2 months
It seems like Google doesn't care about Canadian customers