How do you open .zip files received via email?

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I've downloaded the win zip app or equivalent and it says use an email programme that allows you to open it, currently using gmail and the email app that comes with nexus 10, but both of them say will not open just in case as could be harmful to you.

Help appreciated thanks

pratap dev

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
you can not open any file from e mail u received Google was good in the starting but now it sucks u can break or device under any train and buy an iPad u can use it nicely say than for advice Google and nexus sucks

alan sh

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I've downloaded the win zip app or equivalent and it says use an email programme that allows you to open it, currently using gmail and the email app that comes with nexus 10, but both of them say will not open just in case as could be harmful to you.

Help appreciated thanks

Can you save the attachment and then open it outside the email app?

Alan

PS - the second post seems a bit of an odd flame considering it is his/her first post.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
you can not open any file from e mail u received Google was good in the starting but now it sucks u can break or device under any train and buy an iPad u can use it nicely say than for advice Google and nexus sucks

if you want to curse and troll at least do it properly. I cant understand half of what you said.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
If you need more comprehensive zip capability (RAR, 7zip, etc.) you can also load "ZArchiver."

Between ES for file management and ZArchiver for compression/decompression, you should be good to go for any attachment needs.

-Suntan

TonyRolfe

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I have a slightly deeper problem. The e-mail client which came with my Bauhn Android tablet won't let me do ANYTHING with a zip file. I get a message "You cannot open or save this file because it may contain malicious software". I already have ES File Explorer, but it isn't any use because I can't get the file out of the e-mail.

Is there an alternative e-mail client which will, at least, let me save the file somewhere?

thanks

Tony

cooler_p

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Try B1 Free Archiver, it has an option of opening zip files online, you can learn everything about the process at their official website b1.org
well, in case you might need, there is also a free app at https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...=org.b1.android.archiver&hl=en&token=cqfYKIKz, it contains the step-by-step explanation (you can skip it,if you want)
I've been using this app for my android since i learnedf about it. Hope it will help you too,
Good luck!

Mockiah Madasamy

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I tried all the above suggested ways. Nothing helped me. I read in some article saying that Google made the mistake and managing by saying that it is harmful for your device ..etc. Hoping this is a android bug. Probably we can try to find the list of bugs and see whether it is listed.

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Yep. Google have been rather heavy handed by not allowing you to download .zip files from their email apps. This is completely stupid of course considering how restrictive they aren't in other areas.

There should be an option to turn the stupid thing off, but no. I can't send myself all sorts of things because of this bizarre practice. Amazingly you can download and send APKs apparently... now there is something you'd put down as potentially dangerous... but no.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae