Nexus good enough to replace Laptop

Buntppp

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi.

Recently iv'e been wanting to get a New laptop but I am a little torn whether to get the Nexus 10 or an Windows 7/8 laptop? I have a Galaxy Nexus so I know all about how great Google is but I recently spoke to a work colleague who owns an Ipad 2 and he told me the he does find himself starting up his laptop because his Ipad isn't suitable for the task in hand.

I am just a little unsure whether the Nexus 10 can download the likes of Utorrent and download films from a torrent website and general things like that.

I Normally search the internet, download/stream movies, download music just the basics really.

So my question is in a nuteshell - Is a tablet as good and as capable as a laptop?

Thanks.

Last edited:

johnyguy#AC

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi.

Recently iv'e been wanting to get a New laptop but I am a little torn whether to get the Nexus 10 or an Windows 7/8 laptop? I have a Galaxy Nexus so I know all about how great Google is but I recently spoke to a work colleague who owns an Ipad 2 and he told me the he does find himself starting up his laptop because his Ipad isn't suitable for the task in hand.

I am just a little unsure whether the Nexus 10 can download the likes of Utorrent and download films from a torrent website and general things like that.

I Normally search the internet, download/stream movies, download music just the basics really.

So my question is in a nuteshell - Is a tablet as good and as capable as a laptop?

Thanks.

Short answer is no.

johnyguy#AC

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Short answer is no.

You can watch movies, listen to music, use torren? I don't think so , use Netflix , brows the internet, its light easy to hold for long period of time , you don't get microsoft words , but you get document to go something might be use full occasionally, I have a laptop and I don't use it as much cause my tablet.
its a different experience but I love it!

G-Money713

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Hi.

Thanks.

If you already have a laptop then yes. I download with utorrent on my N10. I have Netflix and Hulu to stream movies. The reason why you still need a computer is because there is finite storage on mobile devices. Yes you can store stuff in the cloud, but when you have a lot of stuff (torrents), it can get expensive. However a computer with a few hardrives attached and AirDroid and SplashTop 2 running makes you never have to worry about anything else.

Sent from my N10 using Tapatalk HD

ZarathustraHead

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't know what torrent is but yes. Movies and Internet browsing are a better experience on a tablet. I'm moving away from my laptop more and more. With a blue tooth keyboard and docs to go, I do a lot of word processing from my Nexus 10 too. I prefer the light weight, beautiful screen, long battery life of a tablet to the fan buzzing, over heated, clunky, pixilated screen of my laptop.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674