Google Play Store--The worst customer relations ever:

zowiedawg

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I will never order from Google Play again because their business practices are shady if not unlawful.

I ordered the Nexus 10.

12 days later still no tracking number.

I wrote to ask when I can expect it, many letters later my questions continue to be obfuscated.

I called: Google says they can't know when it will be in because it's back ordered.

Fine, it's back ordered and they can't give me a date when it will be available, so I ask to cancel the order, Google refuses saying it's in transit even though they just admitted that it's back ordered!

I receive this erroneous response in answer to my inquiry about canceling my order:

Hi,

I understand your frustration but at this point it is no longer possible to cancel this order. Your order is processed shortly after your purchase is complete. Our expedited order fulfillment process ensures that packages are delivered quickly, which also means that there is a very short window of time to cancel an order prior to our shipping provider moving forward with delivery.

To this I say:
My purchase is not complete-- I don't have merchandise and you don't have a tracking number. They can't even tell me when you expect to receive them.

I don't believe they would allow you to cancel your order at anytime, Google is in effect holding customers hostage until they get shipments in. I did not pre-order.

The only way I can attempt to cancel my order is to refuse delivery and then I will get a refund within 2 weeks???---that's called floating your customer's money.

This whole thing stinks of untrustworthy if not unlawful practices..

How I expect to be treated by a major company concerned about continuing customer loyalty:
Before your customer has to waste time tracking their late order down, you send a letter informing them that the device has been back ordered, and that it may take a few weeks. They should then be given the option wait or cancel the order.

Their present methods are deceptive and slimy

Sincerely,
A Very disappointed customer:mad:

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Its nice to vent on here. :D
You want ridiculous? Try emailing a developer on the play store. Doesn't matter who you send it to you end up basically getting a generic response letter basically saying they are not going to read it. Only dev that actually responded to me was Hulu. Also Sega and EA abandon alot of their games that get a low ratings. Don't believe me. Check out the reviews and last update on Simcity or Sonic 4 episode 1 or any other of there early 2012 or 2011 games. Thousands pay and download a abandoned game thinking it will work or later updated and get ripped off.

silentagenda

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I had this exact issue with Google Play. The only difference was that I was on the phone with them for a good forty minutes or so and got the same run around. I came to the conclusion that if you remove all of your payment methods on Google Wallet, the order will be canceled (after a week from their attempt to finalize the order). If you add a debit or credit card to Google Wallet that can handle the charges they WILL finish the order! This means if you got a Nexus 10 elsewhere, you'd be locked from purchasing anything with your main Google account, unless you only attached prepaid cards to your account. The order will be canceled after a week of Google Play attempting to process/send the order out to you. I got lucky and my Nexus was sent the next day (after trying to cancel the order for five hours or more).

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01