Nexus 10 won't turn on.

trishjar

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I have been experiencing the same thing. Have my N10 plugged in. Pressing the power button produces a battery icon with bolt and then disappears and reappears about every 5 seconds for a couple more seconds...cannot produce the icon when not plugged in. Have tried hold power button for various amounts of time...using analogue watch. Nothing. The last time I used it it was plugged in and then just before it went off I noted 0 battery charge...must have completely discharged the battery. Charged over night...nothing.:(

Nikoletta Mayer

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Please HELP! I've tried almost all of the above but none of them worked. I still can't turn my device on. Yesterday when I was reading on it I touched the screen and the screen started flashing, then I touched it again and I shut down.. If I plug in with the charger it shows the sign but I can't turn it on.

Cam Logan

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
You phone or tablet is fine, relatively speaking. The push button power buttons that samsung uses cant handle sweat or even the most moderate bit of water vapour. They delaminate and then corrode. The reason pushing it harder or longer works is that you are basically wiggling around to get an electrical contact. The same thing happens with the volume switch. The power button and/or the volume switch cost about $4 each. Pain in the **** to install though. Done my Google nexus three times now.

Toby Spencer

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I just wanted to throw out there that I was having this issue and none of the steps would work at first. I also had charged mine all night with the charger that came with my N10. So what I did was hooked it up to a different micro-usb wall charger and tried to turn it on and was getting the battery/lightening bolt symbol but could not get it to boot. So I let it sit for about an hour hooked to that charger then I held down the power button and it came on just like normal but it showed that I only had a 6% charge.

So what I am thinking is something was going on while it was charging on the N10 wall charger that actually drained the battery. And after hooking it up to the new charger there probably has to be a minimum battery level before it will allow you to boot it, maybe 5%?

Anyway, just wanted to throw that out there. It seems to be charging now and acting normal but I am going to be a little leery about the N10 charger from here out.

Deb Nakano

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Nexus 10 won't charge!! Same here! only charged 13% then nothing...Did the hold down the volume and the power buttons trick. Got a dead android with his tummy flap open and 'Downloading...Do not turn off target!!"
Device information: manta
wifi H/h Versino: 8
Bootloader Version: MANTAMD03
Carrier Info: None
Serial Number;.....
Lock State; Locked
Reboot Mode Flag: NONE
And the start bar on the left.
So now what? Been this way about 10 minutes so far....Over an hur and I tried all the suggestions. Dead droid again and do not turn off, so guess I'll leave it for the night....

Last edited:

Fabio rocas

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
There are too many N10 with the same problem. Mine has the same issue.
The big screen draws too much power from battery and the circuitry is not designed for that.
I do not recommend anybody to buy a N10.
Neither Sansung or Google has a service for it.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
There are too many N10 with the same problem. Mine has the same issue.
The big screen draws too much power from battery and the circuitry is not designed for that.
I do not recommend anybody to buy a N10.
Neither Sansung or Google has a service for it.

With all due respect.. what facts are you basing this on? Were you part of the design team and acting as a whistle blower? Or are youmaking information up as you go along? Does this mean that those of us NOT experiancing this problem have better circuitry? Were we flagged by Google as being special and deserving something more?

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Ya lol ur right the point of getting a nexus device is to be the first to update but that means that you get to experience all the bugs before anyone else

Sent from my Nexus 7 2013 or Moto G

Ana Casas

May 27, 2014
Visit site
This is happening to mine too. The thing is that I live in Brazil, and I cannot return Nexus 10 so easily (warranty is off too) . I indeed got into boot loop but now it shows only the battery sign with bolt and keeps buzzing. Crazy. I lost all my pics already, but I would really like my tablet come to life again. Help me

ostraaten

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I disagree. I have the problem as well. Fully charged device won't turn no matter what. $500 for a paper weight is a bit expensive.

I was using the device when it was fully charged. I left it alone for a minute of two. When I came back to it, it was dead. Pressing power does not help. I tried it for 15 minutes or so and then called it ...paper weight.

Second Samsung tablet and last.

escalanterudy

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same issue where it is not turning on at all. And when I plug the charger, it only shows the battery icon full but cannot turn on. Good thing is I bought extended warranty to cover everything from Staples. Has anyone ever had to deal with staples warranty? Maybe I can get a new one more compatible for school.

FragCJ

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi i was just like you torpedopress but i went to google itself and it had a troubleshoot thing i linked below, essentially it said i should use the usb to ac adaptor which came with the tablet. The moment i plugged it into that from my other old HTC adaptor my tablet vibrated and lit up and now turns on, so please to anyone who reads this page make sure you use the adaptor that came with it and the usb to microusb cable that came with the tablet before you dismiss the nexus :)

Last edited by a moderator:

riceling

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
... essentially it said i should use the usb to ac adaptor which came with the tablet.

Thanks, FragCJ!
This worked for me with one addition: leave the tablet plugged in for a few minutes! Immediately after plugging in I still got the same white battery icon with lightning bolt, which I assumed meant it was near fully charged. Not so, it was actually fully drained (when I finally got it turned on the battery showed "Charging, 0%")! When I powered it off last night it was at 75% charge. As soon as I saw the "Powering Off..." message I closed the lid. This morning the tablet was drained. Not sure how that happened, but could be that I didn't let it power down properly. So, if your tablet doesn't turn on with any of the above methods it might simply have a dead battery; plug it in to charge for a few minutes. After 2-5min you will see the screen brighten, and an animated charging icon will appear. You will be able to turn on the tablet at that point if you wish.

Disco_blue

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
Great tip about holding down the power button for 30 seconds. My Nexus was not powering up, and when connected to the charger was not showing any signs of charging. Holding button worked a treat.

J Droid

May 17, 2015
Visit site
I found my issues to be caused by a high output charger of 2100mA or higher. When I connected my Nexus 10 to a 700mA charger I finally got a pulse. I even tried a 750mA charger and that caused issues. Bazar all together.

Pikey1626

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Guys here's my problem... my tab won't power on and is optimizing files... it never finishes and flickers and turns off..

Update: I just left it charging for 2 hours even though I thought it was full charged... and it finaly powered on. With 2% battery.... something drained it. Not sure how. But charge ur tab for awhile it should fix.

Last edited:

Khayotic Onslaught

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Guys here's my problem... my tab won't power on and is optimizing files... it never finishes and flickers and turns off..

Update: I just left it charging for 2 hours even though I thought it was full charged... and it finaly powered on. With 2% battery.... something drained it. Not sure how. But charge ur tab for awhile it should fix.

I am having the SAME problem! It comes so close to optimizing and reboots over and over, to the point where it barely gets past the google screen....I searched for hours on a solution, and when I was about to give up, I remember seeing some guy say he put it in the freezer. As bizarre as that sounds I was willing to try anything. Low and behold, the basted turned on. Not for long, it ended up crashing on me again, to the point of the original problem. whýyyyyyyy

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance