Will There Be a Fix?

CampCash

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I just got my 2nd replacement Nexus 10 today due to constant crashes and rebooting. While starting the new N10, it locked up and rebooted on the second screen where I put in my WiFi info. You cannot get more stripped down than booting a new device and it crashing on the second screen. I am going nuts!!!

Is this something I should give up on expecting a fix in a reasonable amount of time? I am a step away from being done with this device, but I keep hoping it being raw Google, it has to be addressed soon. Especially with my N7 working flawlessly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

CampCash

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I was shocked when it rebooted on the second boot screen. It gave rise to my fears of it being a hardware issue. With nothing installed to raise any suspicions thinking it was an app either, I am almost paranoid now.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I just got my 2nd replacement Nexus 10 today due to constant crashes and rebooting.

The problem is the last update, not the hardware. Swapping the unit will likely not change much... as you have discovered the hard way. We are way overdue for an update to fix the last update.

CampCash

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
The problem is the last update, not the hardware. Swapping the unit will likely not change much... as you have discovered the hard way. We are way overdue for an update to fix the last update.

The new unit still had 4.2 when it crashed on the first power up. The update was downloaded later.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
The new unit still had 4.2 when it crashed on the first power up. The update was downloaded later.

Eeew. Perhaps you have an electric personality, too much gamma rays in your location, or an evil spirit haunting your house?

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
My girlfriend bought a Nexus 10 because I convinced her, since I love my Nexus 7 and told her many good things about the Nexus 4. She was going to buy a Nexus 4 too because she's been on the iPhone 3gs for quite some time now and wants to upgrade. But she always tells me about her Nexus 10 acting up, now she says she will be going back to iPhone. As much as I love Google, I can't blame her.

Google/Android obviously still has a long way to go. The biggest thing the next big update needs is, not new features. But better optimization, that is what Apple has that works so well for them. Granted they only make 1 phone, and there is probably 30+ Android phones released per year. But they need to figure out better ways of optimizing the hardware to the software. That's the key thing that Android still can't get right. This is all just my opinion of course.

jims52

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Got to say, I'm really puzzled by all the posts claiming reboots and crashes. I bought my Nexus 10 when they came out and I use my tablet every day at least a couple hours a day. I use it to watch Netflix, read magazines and books, listen to music (both Pandora and Google Music) play games and surf the web. So pretty much use it for everything it was designed to do. In all this time I've had two reboots and a couple freezes while using a web browser. I have to wonder why others are having such a bad experience. Maybe something in the settings?

Ronald Geiken

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I would have to agree with you on this. Instead of getting a high end tablet, you are actually getting a low end one. You can't even select to have your Bluetooth Keyboard be you default. That is pathetic. I ws trying to do a number of things with my Nexus 10 last night and it was like a Chinese Fire Drill. All I ask from them is that they let me make a selection of my default keyboard.

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Got to say, I'm really puzzled by all the posts claiming reboots and crashes. I bought my Nexus 10 when they came out and I use my tablet every day at least a couple hours a day. I use it to watch Netflix, read magazines and books, listen to music (both Pandora and Google Music) play games and surf the web. So pretty much use it for everything it was designed to do. In all this time I've had two reboots and a couple freezes while using a web browser. I have to wonder why others are having such a bad experience. Maybe something in the settings?

I don't know but I rooted it for her and then cleared cache and dalvik cache thinking that would do something, but it's still buggy.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I love my nexus 10. Mine does reboot at least two or three times a week though. I have more bugs on my phone than tablet so it hasn't bothered me too much so far but an upgrade is def needed. Been wanting to throw my phone out a window.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Just got my N10 yesterday. It's rebooted at least 4 times in about 12 hours of use....twice while it was sitting and I wasn't even touching it. I've deleted a couple apps that I suspect could be problematic and now I'm just waiting to see what happens. It's a fantastic device otherwise, so I hope the problem is solved soon.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

rogerc3

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
This is my first tablet and android. Use it daily for books,internet, magazines, games and have only had one freeze in the 6 weeks I've had it. Recommended to several friends and will continue to do so.

CampCash

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
The contrasted experience with my N10 versus my N7 is worlds apart. I have yet to experience a lockup and reboot on my N7. I have had it 2 months longer. I am only asking for the same from my N10. I do not think this is an unreasonable request.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
The contrasted experience with my N10 versus my N7 is worlds apart. I have yet to experience a lockup and reboot on my N7. I have had it 2 months longer. I am only asking for the same from my N10. I do not think this is an unreasonable request.

I haven't had any of those issues with my N10. I got lucky.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

CampCash

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site

My Nexus 10 is used 80% of the time for web browsing. I do not consider this an overload for a top tier tablet. A simple Google search will show these are far more than "claims" of reboot problems. Google knows this is problem and has recognized this for a couple of months now. I just want a fix for a device that I purchased and at the same time I unknowingly signed up to be a "beta tester" for Google. I do not see why we should even tolerate the "occasional" reboot. I really do not see how they could call this device ready for prime time.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
My Nexus 10 is used 80% of the time for web browsing.

Well, at least make sure you are not using Chrome, then (if you value stability). I recommend Firefox- you will then have a browser that won't crash or freeze, plus Flash, plus Adblock, but still retain multiplatform, speed, zoom/pan, and Sync.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca