Will There Be a Fix?

CampCash

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Well, at least make sure you are not using Chrome, then (if you value stability).

Firefox has been installed, but I cannot say it has changed anything.

I have worked every angle suggested from numerous sites, posts, etc. At this point I do not see why Google is not aggressively pursuing a fix (instead of sending replacements) for their flagship device when there are so many of us. I read a review of this device where the reviewer's device locked up and rebooted on him during his testing. I would think you would place a high priority when potentially favorable press finds the same issue.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Just reporting back. Today was my second day with the tablet. I've uninstalled two apps. The first was a Bible app whose widget wasn't updating properly. The second was Beautiful widgets that I was using for the lock screen. I've only had one reboot today compared to four yesterday. I think there may be something about these apps poling the location services that was causing most of my problems. I'll see what happens in the days to come and see if I'm able to reinstall either of these apps without incident. My guess is that 4.2 doesn't play nicely with BW. Fingers crossed this will solve my problem because I'm otherwise loving this tablet.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Just reporting back. Today was my second day with the tablet. I've uninstalled two apps. The first was a Bible app whose widget wasn't updating properly. The second was Beautiful widgets that I was using for the lock screen. I've only had one reboot today compared to four yesterday. I think there may be something about these apps poling the location services that was causing most of my problems. I'll see what happens in the days to come and see if I'm able to reinstall either of these apps without incident. My guess is that 4.2 doesn't play nicely with BW. Fingers crossed this will solve my problem because I'm otherwise loving this tablet.

I prefer HD widgets anyway. Lol

jumb

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Crashes also happen when you're not using it. The only reason I've noticed them is because of how hopeless Skype is on Android. It takes ages to log in, so when you come back to the tablet and Skype isn't running, it rubs salt in to the wound.

spyderrc10gt2

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site

I've had BW installed since the N10 came out and have had only about 5 reboots in that time.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
There is some evidence to suggest the magnetic sleep function in cases might be responsible for some crashes.

Personally I think we are looking at multiple issues here. I think we will discover that crashes are seprately related to the magnetic sleep function, Chrome, and location services. I believe this is why an update is so slow in coming.

Finally the first month I had my N10 I powered it off nightly [during charging] and did not experiance frequent crashes. I am considering returning to this procedure to see if I notice any difference.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
It slows it, but does not fix it. Back to my point of disabling features is not a fix on Google's part.

Sent from my Rezound using Tapatalk 2
I've definitely seen people do that and then never have their tablet restart again. Though it is true that having to do that isn't a good thing on Google's part.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
There is some evidence to suggest the magnetic sleep function in cases might be responsible for some crashes.

I have not noticed any difference in crash rates before or after adding a case with magnet.

Personally I think we are looking at multiple issues here. I think we will discover that crashes are seprately related to the magnetic sleep function, Chrome, and location services. I believe this is why an update is so slow in coming.

It is more than that. Because up till last week, I had no magnetic case. And I never use Chrome. And I have location services turned off. Yet I still have an occasional reboot for no apparent reason.

CampCash

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Add me to the list. On my third device and frustrated...

Outside of the first freeze and reboot when I first received this 3rd device, I have not had any lockups. I cannot say it has been used as much this past week, but so far so good.

Sent from my Rezound using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool