Update coming this month: JB 4.2.2

Amylase453

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Forgot to mention... I looked for the thread and couldn't find it but I was having the issue where everytime I plugged and unplugged the power the tablet would reboot. When I first got it, it happened periodically. For the last month or so, it happened EVERY time.

I just sat here and plugged/unplugged a dozen times and not once did it power down or restart. I really hope 4.2.2 fixes this like it appears to have fixed it.

Keith Patrick

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Just received the update. We will see if the rebooting issue persists. I'll let everyone know. I'm good for a reboot at least two times a day. If I get through the next couple days I'll know it's fixed.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

scottws

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Nexus 10 user here that has at least daily freezes or reboots on 4.2.1, even with location services disabled and completely abandoning Chrome.

I got the 4.2.2 OTA and installed it today. I am going to keep location services off and keep using Firefox instead of Chrome so the use case remains the same for a week or so. I will make sure to update with my experience on 4.2.2.

If all goes well, I will turn on location services and begin using Chrome as well and I will check back in after some time with that configuration.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Keith Patrick

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
download the OTA and flash it. thats what i did last night

I did that for 4.1 on my SIII before I rooted it, however someone in the forums was nice enough to post the update. Where did you find 4.2.2 for N10? Just curious for the future.

curlysir

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
How do you guys getting the updates. Im checking every hour and no update?

You can get the update by using his method: http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-7-tablet/252009-4-2-2-update-4.html post 91, took me several attempts but it worked on both my Nexus 7 and Nexus 10.

I copied the instructions from the Nexus 7 thread mentioned above.

1. Go to Settings -> Apps -> All
2. Find Google Services Framework
3. Tap on Force Stop
4. Select Clear Data
5. Head back to the Nexus 7?s Settings, go to About, and check for a System Update

Instructions courtesy of - How to Get the Nexus 7 Android 4.2.2 Update Right Now

Last edited:

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Yep, I forced it earlier and got the Android update. But I am now getting errors on Google Play trying to update apps. Hmm.

Update for XXXXX could not be downloaded due to an error. (Error retrieving information from server. [RPC-S-5:AEC-0])

Either the update or the clearing services damaged something. I had to delete my Google account, then add it back to fix the above problem.

DynoMikeR

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I came home from work and it had already done the update it self. I Just had to give the okay to restart and reboot. :)

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

goelz83

May 3, 2011
Visit site
You can get the update by using his method: http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-7-tablet/252009-4-2-2-update-4.html post 91, took me several attempts but it worked on both my Nexus 7 and Nexus 10.

I copied the instructions from the Nexus 7 thread mentioned above.

1. Go to Settings -> Apps -> All
2. Find Google Services Framework
3. Tap on Force Stop
4. Select Clear Data
5. Head back to the Nexus 7?s Settings, go to About, and check for a System Update

Instructions courtesy of - How to Get the Nexus 7 Android 4.2.2 Update Right Now

This worked for me. It didn't work the first time but I tried it again immediately after the first attempt and the update then showed up.

Now if only my battery was charged enough to install the update... I have the update downloaded and will be installing it shortly.

(Edit: Update complete. I figured I would need to have the battery at 50% or more but it let me install it at 20% instead. Apps are installing/updating as usual.)

Last edited:

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I finally got the update. The update didn't seem to to improve the battery life though. I did find out something interesting though. Some people have reported that certain app/games makes their screen stutter when launching their program. I just tested the game that always makes my screen stutter when launching, and got zero stutter. Works perfectly now. The google now widget is a nice addition but doesn't appear to refresh the weather in the widget, which is disappointing. Lag from currents disappeared also. I have google currents stretched out so it fits a whole page, which is really neat getting a whole day of news in one stack of 8 inch squares. But if you use to notice if you went from that huge currents widget to another page that had multiple smaller widgets, there was a very noticeable lag, but thats fixed now. So far no random reboots and no noticeable increase of Available ram.

Amylase453

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Yep, I forced it earlier and got the Android update. But I am now getting errors on Google Play trying to update apps. Hmm.

Update for XXXXX could not be downloaded due to an error. (Error retrieving information from server. [RPC-S-5:AEC-0])

Either the update or the clearing services damaged something. I had to delete my Google account, then add it back to fix the above problem.

I have two Nexus 7's along with my N10. The N10 worked fine but both N7's had this problem. I had to delete and re-add my account to the N7's. What was frustrating is that the N7's are for the kids and I turn off sync for everything, so I add the account and immediately turn that off. One of the two N7's insisted on downloading a bunch of apps despite me disabling sync from Google Play. I even rebooted and ticked/unticked the checkbox, it would not stop. I then had to go in and uninstall a bunch of my apps that downloaded on of my kid's N7's.

JediJesus95

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
I was able to force the update on my Nexus 10 and Nexus 7 by doing the Google Framework trick.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835