Markings on back on Nexus 10?

Android_Zippy

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi All, took delivery of my 32GB Nexus 10 last week (still have all the plastic on it)

I've just noticed that on the back, near where the micro-usb port is, there are 3 tiny markings, I know this sounds crazy, but I can't work out if they are symbols or scratches!!

They look too neat to be scratches, but they are not in line with any feature really so it doesn't make sense to me, I can't see a picture on-line of anything. One looks like a battery, one looks like a USB symbol and the other looks like 2 tiny lines - note, this is not the 'printed' white symbol on the side near the USB port, but on the back, and they are etched (or scratched!) into the plastic casing. They are too small for me to see clearly.

Could anyone who has one of these please check to see if these are supposed to be there? I want to call Google but thought it would be a good idea to check with my fellow N10 Owners first!

Thanks all

Android_Zippy

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I apologise for the quality of the picture, I can't find the cable to connect my camera to my PC ATM so had to take a photo of the camera screen with my N10

These things are tiny but they look like symbols lol

Thank you

Attachments

• Nexus close up.jpg
    Nexus close up.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:

Android_Zippy

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Cheers, I've posted a pic, as you can see these things look too orderly to be random scratches but I guess they might be if yours hasn't got any - very strange!! :-\

Android_Zippy

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Here is a better picture, I've put arrows to point out the markings, the more I look at them, the more they look like symols of some description so I'm curious as to what they are.

Anyone? Thanks

Attachments

• Nexus 10 symbols.jpg
    Nexus 10 symbols.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 22

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
It's certainly more likely that they're scratches. After looking at that second picture, however, I do agree that they look suspiciously like markings of some sort. Can you find similar markings on any of the packaging or other materials that came on/in/with the box?

I suppose it's possible that something got marked incorrectly somewhere along the production process. If you can find matching markings somewhere other than on that part of the Nexus 10 (or if someone else here recognizes them; I don't), then if it bothers you I would take it back and tell them that it is a quality control issue that was missed. They should give you a new one, as you're still within 30 days of the purchase.

Android_Zippy

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Thank you, I will look over the documentation, I certainly can't find anything on-line.

If they are symbols of some description (even if they're not supposed to be there) they don't really bother me that much, I was just curious.

If they are scratches, for some reason they really do bother me a lot! lol

If anyone else has an N10 and sees these weird markings, be grateful if you could let me know

Thanks!

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I don't have these on mine. I think they must be scratches. Very odd

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Keith Patrick

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
It looks like scratches/defects to me, for I do not have them. But I wouldn't worry too much about it. Would it piss me off? Yes. Would I think about taking it back? Yes. Would I take it back? No!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
praestrudtulle