Chrome Beta

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
After reading this article on the main page Chrome Beta for Android updated, actually pretty speedy now | Android Central I started wondering if anyone has had any sucess on the N10 using chrome beta?

It seems universally accempted that Chrome is a "main ingrediant" in the cause of random reboots. So could the Update we are eagerly awaiting arrive part or in full through an update to Chrome?

Thoughts?

yes, this changes will come to all devices as chrome stable update. the beta channel is people to test it so that the stable channel is reliable.

I would expect this update to hit stable channel in 2-3 weeks. maybe!!
I cant wait to get this update on regular chrome

PaulH2

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I've been using Chrome beta for about a month now (since the beta series was made available on the Play store, just after Christmas I think). I do still get occasional random reboots, but using the beta did seem to make this a little less frequent and certainly more random (i.e. just rebooting whatever I was doing rather than specifically when using Chrome).

As for performance, I never found the release version of Chrome to be slow (and personally I couldn't care less how it performs in benchmarks, I'm really only interested in real world performance) but haven't had any problems using the beta and its the browser I use most of the time now (I sometimes use Firefox Beta, but only when I need Flash).

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I've been using Chrome beta for about a month now (since the beta series was made available on the Play store, just after Christmas I think). I do still get occasional random reboots, but using the beta did seem to make this a little less frequent and certainly more random (i.e. just rebooting whatever I was doing rather than specifically when using Chrome).

As for performance, I never found the release version of Chrome to be slow (and personally I couldn't care less how it performs in benchmarks, I'm really only interested in real world performance) but haven't had any problems using the beta and its the browser I use most of the time now (I sometimes use Firefox Beta, but only when I need Flash).

dont understand why people have random reboot with N10. I have never had a single reboot and i use chrome on my N10 all the time.

twilite2000

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I've had my Nexus 10 for 3 weeks with Chrome Beta installed since the first day. Today I had my first reboot. Last night I updated Chrome Beta. I also installed SwiftKey. I'm going to wait see if I have another reboot. If I do I'm going to un install SwiftKey. Wait to see if I get another reboot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance