How I updated to JB 4.2.2 (NO ROOTING)!

cykim4

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I was waiting for the 4.2.2 update; kept checking and checking and checking, but nothing happened :( Note that I don't have my N10 rooted, and don't want to. Don't ask me why. I just like the stock version :)

So I browsed the web, and came across a very helpful article: How to Get the Nexus 10 Android 4.2.2 Update Right Now.

The article says that this method may or may not work. But it worked for me on the first try:

1. Go to Settings -> Apps -> All
2. Find Google Services Framework.
3. Tap on Force Stop.
4. Select Clear Data.
5. Head back to the Nexus 10′s Settings, go to About, and check for a System Update.

Hope this helps for those who want the 4.2.2 update without going through a complicated process!

My initial impression of 4.2.2:
- MUCH SMOOTHER + MUCH BUTTERY overall.
- I can't say about the stability for now, but hope this fixed some of the random rebooting or freezes that some users may have experienced.

Gooseman2009

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Just did this as well, can confirm it works. Downloaded but my battery is too low to install right now :S. Guess ill have to wait till morning.

G-Money713

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I was waiting for the 4.2.2 update; kept checking and checking and checking, but nothing happened :( Note that I don't have my N10 rooted, and don't want to. Don't ask me why. I just like the stock version :)

So I browsed the web, and came across a very helpful article: How to Get the Nexus 10 Android 4.2.2 Update Right Now.

The article says that this method may or may not work. But it worked for me on the first try:

1. Go to Settings -> Apps -> All
2. Find Google Services Framework.
3. Tap on Force Stop.
4. Select Clear Data.
5. Head back to the Nexus 10′s Settings, go to About, and check for a System Update.

Hope this helps for those who want the 4.2.2 update without going through a complicated process!

My initial impression of 4.2.2:
- MUCH SMOOTHER + MUCH BUTTERY overall.
- I can't say about the stability for now, but hope this fixed some of the random rebooting or freezes that some users may have experienced.

Worked like a charm!

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
You should disable Location services before doing this otherwise you'll need to clear the App Data of "Maps" to get them working again.

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I've been skeptical of this method for a while now, wondering if it isn't just coincidence that the update appears maybe on the seventh, tenth, or even twentieth try. However, after the update hit my N7 (the old fashioned way), I started to get antsy for it on the N10.

This morning I gave the Google Services Framework gimmick a try: worked on the first try!

I'm converted.

TJH

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Funduro

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I dont know if this has anything to do with the update but my notification light now works..... till now. Will need at least 24 hours on this coz its been driving me bananas, now it works now it doesnt, now it works.....you get my drift :mad:

twilite2000

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Hmm. I thought everyone got it the same way.. I just checked my device to see if there was an update and sure enough there it was I just tapped except and it downloaded smoothly. I hope it fixed the random reboots. Good luck with the update and random reboots everyone. Curious to hear everyone's responses to this update.

anonuk

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Hmm. I thought everyone got it the same way.. I just checked my device to see if there was an update and sure enough there it was I just tapped except and it downloaded smoothly. I hope it fixed the random reboots. Good luck with the update and random reboots everyone. Curious to hear everyone's responses to this update.
My device just froze.

jdirt

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi there, thank you for the tip. If I try this on a phone, will I be given a choice of what version to upgrade to? Currently running 4.1 and need 4.2 only. thanks