My nexus 10 shows charging screen but wont start

vinaximus

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,
I just brought nexus 10 two weeks ago. I was playing Vice city when the screen began to flicker and the device turned off. After that It wont start. When charger is plugged, it shows the battery charged to full, when the power button is pressed, but wont start.
I tried various methods like holding down the power button for more than 1 minute, holding down power+vol up+vol down together for 1 minute. But nothing is happening. Please help me :(:(
Thanks

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Others have met with success by using a different USB cable and or power plug. I believe I may have even seen a post where the user was able to get their device to respond while connected to a PC via USB.

You are using the included power cord to charge it, yes?

vinaximus

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
I finally got it working. I kept it on charging and the device started automatically after 10 mins. Could be that the battery got drained out. However, I was expecting a warning before this happened.
Thanks

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I recall reading in a thread here something about some games causing the N10 to inaccurately report power levels. Not sure it this was resolved with 4.2.2. have you updated yet?

Amylase453

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I recall reading in a thread here something about some games causing the N10 to inaccurately report power levels. Not sure it this was resolved with 4.2.2. have you updated yet?

I experienced this with NFS. Once I exited I had to reboot to get an accurate reading.

Ian May1

May 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same issue but am still yet to get my Nexus 10 up and running again.
I'd had it charging on an adaptor as Im travelling and couldnt get it to do a thing, not even show a charging symbol, I tried putting a pin in the reset bit in the back but still nothing.
I've currently got it plugged into a friends PC and I'm now getting the charging symbol only but its still not coming on.
Any ideas anyone please? I need it for my travels.

Ian

Atiya

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I experienced this before while I was playing shadow gunners. My tablet got so hot that it suddenly flickered then blacked out. I was actually hysterical. I thought my tablet was no more. I tried charging it but the charge icon didn't appear so I was kinda panicking. But I left it charging for more than 5 mins to 10 mins. Then it was okay...I guess its just a factory defect....**** Samsung.... Mines still running now.. Its been 3 months already . but it has scratch and dent and its lagging..but I don't mind...I think.....still enjoying it... Spent 24,480 pesos I'm going to make the most of it

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issue but am still yet to get my Nexus 10 up and running again.
I'd had it charging on an adaptor as Im travelling and couldnt get it to do a thing, not even show a charging symbol, I tried putting a pin in the reset bit in the back but still nothing.
I've currently got it plugged into a friends PC and I'm now getting the charging symbol only but its still not coming on.
Any ideas anyone please? I need it for my travels.

Ian

First of all, I'm not sure what reset pin on the back you are refering to. The hole below the camera is the rear Microphone so I hope you didnt put a pin in that.

Have you tried the standard solutions? First of all if it "crashed" try holding the power button down for 10 to 30 seconds until you feel a slight vibaration. the tablet should power on IF it has juice remaining in the battery.

Or

Plug it into the the wall outlet using the charger it came with [not a PC, not anotehr phone charger that is micro USB] charge it for an Ungodly ammount of time [over 14 hours] then repeat the above step above about pressing power.