Slow video streaming?

Bumpster

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I've been watching a bunch of movies and tv shows on my N10 that I've rented/bought from the Google Play store since i got it for Christmas. Up until the last few days or week, I didn't have any problems streaming the videos over my wifi network at home, smooth playback, very convenient! However, since late last week, I've haven't been able to watch more than a few seconds of video without it stopping and buffering. I cleared the cache, tried using different networks, restarted the tablet, tried different shows/episodes/movies etc and still have not been able to get it to work for more than a few seconds. I've tried streaming my rented shows from the Google Play store or app on my laptop and Galaxy S3 over my wifi network at home without any issues, nice and smooth no buffering on both. Streaming video through the Youtube app on my N10 is also slower than it had been but not nearly as bad as through Google Play. Any ideas what might be causing the issues with streaming video? Any chance this could be related to upgrading to 4.2.2?