Some nexus question form newbi :)

KSK674

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone i new here.

just need some of your real-life experience about nexus 10. I been on the edge about get nexus 10 for well now. just found good deal on ebay (no nexus in my country)
When i do research online some review say i might lag and freeze, when you watch movie, play game and battery-life is not that great .
Is it real true ? and how it real-life performance like view picture (very important to show my work), play game, read book, watch movie and use internet ?
or do you have something else as i never use android device and tablets before.

Thank look forward to hear for your in-put. :)

big matty

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm still pretty good with my N10, but I will confess that I did not expect it to be as unstable as it is. Mine still crashes with 4.2.2 (plus one, yes one, non-stock app.) (Only every couple days now w/ 4.2.2 which is a big improvement over 4.2.1,) My phone, and Kindle Fire, in contrast "hardly ever" crash. Now, I'm not using my N10 for work so the crash isnt the end of the world, but yes quite suprised that Google + Samsung = more problems than my other two Android devices.

KJ

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone i new here.

just need some of your real-life experience about nexus 10. I been on the edge about get nexus 10 for well now. just found good deal on ebay (no nexus in my country)
When i do research online some review say i might lag and freeze, when you watch movie, play game and battery-life is not that great .
Is it real true ? and how it real-life performance like view picture (very important to show my work), play game, read book, watch movie and use internet ?
or do you have something else as i never use android device and tablets before.

Thank look forward to hear for your in-put. :)

I think the freezes have been almost totally fixed with the recent update. I find battery life is pretty good. I watched almost 2 movies on a plane recently and still had 70% battery when we landed (from fully charged). Using the tablet from 8am-5pm with pretty constant web browsing, reading and note taking uses about 40% of the battery.

I do find that the battery drains when playing some games. It seems like my tablet drains in a few hours when I play the Great Big War Game for example, so I normally just play that game plugged in... but I recently finished the campaign, so maybe I don't have to worry any more.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah games really do drain the battery pretty quickly. But with a screen as amazing as the one the N10 has, battery life isn't gonna be the greatest to begin with.

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
It depends on what I'm doing whether I get any lag. Firefox browser can be obviously laggy at times. Is certainly not 100% lag free that's for sure.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

KSK674

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Wow, thank everyone for a great input. You guy is really helpful.
Just one other question. I still not clear is
How the game perform with Samsung A15 CPU With this massive reslotion?
Or should I wait abit for rumors quad-core A15 version with newer T-678?

Thank everyone. :)

Last edited:

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

No lag whatsoever.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

pretty much solid. have played dead trigger and few other games. its running quite well. like said before 4.2.2 fixed many performance issues and improve the battery quite a bit.

I am really impressed with battery. before 4.2.2 the standby time with no use was 10-12 days now its 20 days

KSK674

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Thank everyone for input on thank and sorry for late reply on got busy in this few day.
Will make final discussion after MWC (don't wanted do anything before MWC, thought).

Almost takes away the iPad 4's only victory over the Nexus 10. :p

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

To me i don't wanted Ipda as i wanted to get out of IOS system(2 year spend with iphone 4(will keep it) and there is noting impress with IPhone anymore ).
For my case there is no price advantage form Nexus 10 32GB no warrentee as after shipping and all (ebay) will cost around $600-620 VS Ipad 4 32GB (no wifi) with warrentee $620.
Still Nexus 10 have more bang for your $$$ compare to Ipad 4 with warrentee. :)

Thank everyone one more time. :)

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Thank everyone for input on thank and sorry for late reply on got busy in this few day.
Will make final discussion after MWC (don't wanted do anything before MWC, thought).

To me i don't wanted Ipda as i wanted to get out of IOS system(2 year spend with iphone 4(will keep it) and there is noting impress with IPhone anymore ).
For my case there is no price advantage form Nexus 10 32GB no warrentee as after shipping and all (ebay) will cost around $600-620 VS Ipad 4 32GB (no wifi) with warrentee $620.
Still Nexus 10 have more bang for your $$$ compare to Ipad 4 with warrentee. :)

Thank everyone one more time. :)

Pretty much, the only thing that will attract people is that Apple in the back.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site

Games are fine for me.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

peejay1977

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
The only lag I experience is unlocking it with "pattern lock" seems to pause but other than that no lag at all. I got 5 hours of screen time yesterday and was still on 45% battery. And I played a 9.83Gb MKV file of Skyfall with DTS audio and it played fine without any issues at all.

KSK674

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
hi,guy just wanted to report in as i been use my Nexus 10 for 7 days now (receive on Monday). as the excitement it a bit die down.
One word it just awesome device.
The good thing

The screen is awesome and better than the ipad 3 much sharper but ipad a little vibrant(don't know why reviewer can't see the different).
The build quality nice and light, stick to my hand and doesn't feel cheap at all. :confused:
Sound quality is hand down beat the ipad back speaker compare to nexus front and stereo(got and ipad user feel jealous about it).
I do note some lag a bit when i first got it but after one update (4.2.2) it nice and smooth.
about the app i can't find almost all the app (same or different replacement app) that use in my phone.
One thing that after one 2 day of use i found out how limited the IOS is even on Ipad and how much more i can do in android
on work or custom the tablet (even without root compare to jailbreak ipad). :cool:

The not so goo thing
Samsung Light sensor is unusable too dim and too much flick light level. :(
Chrome is a bit of let down lag and all but than i not so happy with safari, too. luckily both OS has Dolphin browser that can help me. :)
Google play should do something like apple store that when people hit the app tittle in Google play they should show two version one for
Phone and one for table inside of auto download between 2 version and find out later. IT is a bit confusing form first time till now.
In some case there are other app that label HD for tablet some where else. but u already download the non HD one. :(
Few app where they say HD and opctmice for tablet but when you use it not the case like game (Asphalt 7).

Overall very happy with my decision. :)
Thank Guy. :)

KSK674

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
still have some question form this newbie (sorry).
Is play store have age restriction on app as one case i found in game like dead trigger there is no bad word and explodes head short like IOS ver.(ver.1.5) is and anyone have any ideal?
Do anyone outside the allow sell nexus got Google free content? :?
What do you think about the Franco kernel for stock as 4.2.2 or anyone has something better ?
Is anyone have some good recommend app like eBook reader, game, video player and launcher that better than stock one that can share this newbie?

I do find that the battery drains when I play the Great Big War.
hey, KJ what do you think about the game after you fin it.
do you still like it and recommend it as i still being debate right now ? :)

Thank Everyone. :)

big matty

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
still have some question form this newbie (sorry).
Is play store have age restriction on app as one case i found in game like dead trigger there is no bad word and explodes head short like IOS ver.(ver.1.5) is and anyone have any ideal?
Do anyone outside the allow sell nexus got Google free content? :?
What do you think about the Franco kernel for stock as 4.2.2 or anyone has something better ?
Is anyone have some good recommend app like eBook reader, game, video player and launcher that better than stock one that can share this newbie?

hey, KJ what do you think about the game after you fin it.
do you still like it and recommend it as i still being debate right now ? :)

Thank Everyone. :)

You can install Amazon Appstore, they offer a free app of the day. (Just one example)

I think if you order a N10 right now you are basically going to HAVE to play around with other kernels if you want the device to be stable. I've heard good things about franco. Right now I'm testing KTmanta.

There are many good apps and ebook readers, etc.. It will depend on your tastes. For me for ebooks I install Kindle. For games go spend $3 on Bards Tale, its an amazing price for a 4GB game!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith