Nexus 10 or Galaxy Note 10.1? Thoughts?!

UT_chic

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if this has been posted elsewhere but I just wanted to ask you guys for your opinions on the Nexus 10 and Galaxy Note 10.1. I decided I want to buy a tablet to compliment my Verizon Galaxy SIII. I know both tablets are great but I'm torn between the two. I like the Note because it comes with the S-Pen which would come in handy at school and work but on the other hand the Nexus 10 is a "Google" tablet with none of the bloatware and better screen resolution. Any suggestions or opinions on either one?

bigwilly087

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
NEXUS 10 unless you would really use the s pen often. A lot of people think they will but don't. Hardware and resolution on the Nexus are better, and some apps are not compatible with the note 10.1 for some reason, such as Mlb At Bat. Always receiving software update first is also an advantage for the Nexus. There have been quite a few threads asking this exact question, so search for those for more opinions

HawaiianLaker

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Nexus 10 without a question, the pen would be the only selling point for the note and even then, you can still buy stylus for anything touch screen. Get the N10 and be happy you didnt get the note.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Nexus 10 without a question, the pen would be the only selling point for the note and even then, you can still buy stylus for anything touch screen. Get the N10 and be happy you didnt get the note.
You can but those are just plan styluses no different than the thing plastic pieces of crap that you used on those old digital personal organizers. The S-Pen can't even be compared to those at all, it sounds amazing so it's definitely a good point in the Note tablet's favor.

HawaiianLaker

May 12, 2010
Visit site
You can but those are just plan styluses no different than the thing plastic pieces of crap that you used on those old digital personal organizers. The S-Pen can't even be compared to those at all, it sounds amazing so it's definitely a good point in the Note tablet's favor.

But then that means there is more software bloating your device..

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
The multi-window capabilities plus the s- pen make the Note better for work and school stuff in my opinion. If used for pure media and gaming win goes to the Nexus 10.

The Note 8" was just officially announced. Might be worth waiting to see what that offers. Sounds like it has a few new tricks up its sleeve.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

That's inanity. Both are great. The S pen is NOT just a ed stylus. If you take the time to research the Note, you'll see what it offers. It's an AWESOME tablet when you don't need the s pen, and it's got it if you do need it. I use mine for school and work meetings. The organization and added features are worth the lower res screen and bloat. However, the Nexus 10 has obvious upside and is amazing. You'll be very happy with either. Like someone else said, just decide if you need the pen. And DO NOT be fooled into thinking it's the same as a worthless stylus.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
That's inanity. Both are great. The S pen is NOT just a ed stylus. If you take the time to research the Note, you'll see what it offers. It's an AWESOME tablet when you don't need the s pen, and it's got it if you do need it. I use mine for school and work meetings. The organization and added features are worth the lower res screen and bloat. However, the Nexus 10 has obvious upside and is amazing. You'll be very happy with either. Like someone else said, just decide if you need the pen. And DO NOT be fooled into thinking it's the same as a worthless stylus.
It's like comparing painting with a paintbrush and painting with a rotten tree branch that fell from a tree and landed into a body of polluted water.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
There's a reason everyone ditched the stylus and palm started to dive. Because the stylus is basically a rubber fingertip. The S pen is actually capable of over 1000 sensitivities. Also, the tablet comes with a bunch of interchangeable tips so you can use exactly what you prefer. Instead of a big rubbery ball like a stupid stylus. I use a tip that is very comparable to a fine point pen.

If you want ONLY a media tablet, this isn't a conversation. The Nexus 10 is king. But if you will benefit from pretty hefty school notes or business, nothing even approaches the Note. And I still love mine for NBA League Pass, YouTube, and videos. I feel like I have the best of both worlds. I'll take 5 extra apps if it means that S pen. And mine is wi-fi so I don't have any carrier bloat. Just the Samsung stuff.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
There's a reason everyone ditched the stylus and palm started to dive. Because the stylus is basically a rubber fingertip. The S pen is actually capable of over 1000 sensitivities. Also, the tablet comes with a bunch of interchangeable tips so you can use exactly what you prefer. Instead of a big rubbery ball like a stupid stylus. I use a tip that is very comparable to a fine point pen.

If you want ONLY a media tablet, this isn't a conversation. The Nexus 10 is king. But if you will benefit from pretty hefty school notes or business, nothing even approaches the Note. And I still love mine for NBA League Pass, YouTube, and videos. I feel like I have the best of both worlds. I'll take 5 extra apps if it means that S pen. And mine is wi-fi so I don't have any carrier bloat. Just the Samsung stuff.
Like I said, I am definitely thinking of not using my Nexus 10 for school anymore and just get a Note 10.1 for that. I wanna use that S-Pen, it would be so much easier for taking notes than typing with my finger.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I think the S-Pen is like the slide out keyboard, you either use it constantly or never at all. I just dont really get why you would want to use something your finger can do.

Because it can do a ton of stuff your finger can do but much quicker, it's convenient. Especially when you pair it with a tablet that is really good for school work.

Plus if you're not gonna use it you might as well not get the tablet. :p

HawaiianLaker

May 12, 2010
Visit site

I never said a basic stylus would be an S-Pen, if its like the note 2 pen then it works very well but it is still a pen.. you also should consider price, updates, and specs. I had the Galaxy tab 10.1 and the updates were garbage and also never came. I knwo the note 10.1 has better specs than the tab10.1 but with more power adds more features i would find useless and would just slow it down(spen).

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I think the S-Pen is like the slide out keyboard, you either use it constantly or never at all. I just dont really get why you would want to use something your finger can do.

Your finger can register on the screen in 1024 levels of sensitivity? Please show me how you do it! And if you don't think that's helpful, play draw something. Or try writing small notes in the margins of an etext. Maybe try surfing the web when there's a small link to click on, and you don't have to constantly zoom in or out. Maybe try going to a BOLD highliter effect on a etextbook simply by pressing harder to cover a large area.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
The keyboard here is useless to me. S-pen is so much easier.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361673824781.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361673824781.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 58