16GB in retail?

mgftp

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Are there any retail locations that sell the 16GB version?

I have found the 32GB at Staples and Walmart but am looking for the 16GB, and would love to avoid those shipping charges from the Play Store.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
you can find it on ebay or Amazon but i bet its going to be expensive than the playstore.

I dont think you can buy 16gb from any retail store atm.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Play Store is the best place to get it. Shipping charges suck but if you get it from there at least Google will actually take the time to give you support of you need it. From what i can tell if you get it anywhere else they don't really bother.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Why would you NOT want a 32gb one if it is available?

Alan

I don't really play many games nor keep a lot of media on my device, and have found that 16GB is plenty for my use. Nandroids probably take up the most space of anything on my device, so I do have to go in and clear those out from time to time, but I rarely have issue with space using the 16GB model.

I will say that the 8GB Nexus 7 I had was pushing my limits, however, because once you look it, you notice that less than 6GB are actually usable, which does fill up pretty quickly!

mgftp

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm one of those people that likes having the extra memory though an OTG cable and flash drive also solves that problem for a little over 20 bucks.

If I could get 128GB or at least 64GB for the extra hundred then I would think about it, but $100 for 16GB extra is robbery, that's two HD movies so if you wanna get serious about putting media on the thing you have to look to other means of storage anyway. And if you are going to have to lug around extra storage anyway, why not save $100 on the device. I still don't understand why these aren't made with an SD card slot, that and the lack of a good manufactures case are the only two downfalls on the N10, which otherwise blows the competition out of the water.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
If I could get 128GB or at least 64GB for the extra hundred then I would think about it, but $100 for 16GB extra is robbery, that's two HD movies so if you wanna get serious about putting media on the thing you have to look to other means of storage anyway. And if you are going to have to lug around extra storage anyway, why not save $100 on the device. I still don't understand why these aren't made with an SD card slot, that and the lack of a good manufactures case are the only two downfalls on the N10, which otherwise blows the competition out of the water.
There are articles posted on AC that explain why Google doesn't put expandable memory on its products, mostly cause Google is trying to push people to use Cloud services which I don't always use but I'm glad they're there.

Also, think about this: yes it's 100 bucks for an extra 16 GB but compare 500 bucks to 600 bucks for an iPad 4 with 32GB that like every other 10 inch tablet gets blown away by the Nexus 10. Which sounds better?

It's all personal preference as always though.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Also if you want 128GB in a tablet, get the 128GB iPad 4 Apple just released...but have fun paying either $800 for Wifi only or $929 for the cellular version.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes