Nexus 10 lag

kcad01

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
No lag here either. Perfect since the update. Not a single crash or reboot either

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
No lag here.

Could you go into greater detail about what you are calling "lag"? Aare you reffering to screen response? Intenet connectivity? Walk us through what is happening.

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Depends on the app for me. Firefox has noticeable lag, but most games, Tapatalk, chrome beta, youtube etc etc are all smooth.

You can get lag on anything with a poorly coded or unoptimized app. Just best trying to avoid them....

And for the OS itself its very smooth...

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

kurosenpai

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone seen how laggy this thing is

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

not trying to be rude, look how OP wrote his post. Seems he is trying to tell us how laggy nexus 10, not really asking whether its lagging or not. Apple fanboy?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

DenizOmer

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Actually mine has started lagging for the last 2-3 days and I can't figure out why. When I mean laggy I mean the whole OS in general. If I flip the tablet sideways it will take a full second before catching up whereas before this was maybe 1/3rd of a second, swiping around is slightly slower and stutters more, opening an app takes a second longer. This must be caused by an app I installed but nothing obvious stands out, i tried uninstalling some apps but it made no difference and restarting the system didn't help either. Any ideas/suggestions? When I check on resources obviously nothing close to the full 2gigs ram is being used (usually around 800mbs is in use) and I can't understand why I'd have lag after a fresh restart..

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Actually mine has started lagging for the last 2-3 days and I can't figure out why. When I mean laggy I mean the whole OS in general. If I flip the tablet sideways it will take a full second before catching up whereas before this was maybe 1/3rd of a second, swiping around is slightly slower and stutters more, opening an app takes a second longer. This must be caused by an app I installed but nothing obvious stands out, i tried uninstalling some apps but it made no difference and restarting the system didn't help either. Any ideas/suggestions? When I check on resources obviously nothing close to the full 2gigs ram is being used (usually around 800mbs is in use) and I can't understand why I'd have lag after a fresh restart..

Are you seeing the same delay on the lock screen when rotating?

Change your wallpaper to an all black screen and see if that affects what you are experiancing.

big matty

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
In my efforts to get good info on the sleep-of-death-like events I see on my N10 I went root, which allowed me to change CPU governor settings. To experiment I locked it in at the highest setting available, "performance". Holy cow is the UI zippy! I never felt like it was slow before, but now its just crazy fast. People warn me this will drastically decrease battery life, but honeslty from full charge to drain seems really similar to me - so for now I'm leaving it "pegged". ZOOM ZOOM

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
In my efforts to get good info on the sleep-of-death-like events I see on my N10 I went root, which allowed me to change CPU governor settings. To experiment I locked it in at the highest setting available, "performance". Holy cow is the UI zippy! I never felt like it was slow before, but now its just crazy fast. People warn me this will drastically decrease battery life, but honeslty from full charge to drain seems really similar to me - so for now I'm leaving it "pegged". ZOOM ZOOM

Nice. And to be honest having a screen as good as this is gonna hit the battery life hard but it's worth it.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Its laggy. If you don't think so then you have never used an iOS device and compared the lag.

Are you seriously trolling here again with your crap after you had your posting ability in this section taken away? Clearly you have learned nothing about yourself or the fact that what you say has no credibility anymore.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Its laggy. If you don't think so then you have never used an iOS device and compared the lag.

(Our friend the troller is back again.) Sorry, but I have used an iOS device and a Nexus 10. The Nexus 10 has no lag.

Last edited:

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
(Our friend the troller is back again.) Sorry, but I have used an iOS device and a Nexus 10. The Nexus 10 has no lag.
I noticed. At least his posts can give us something to laugh at.

My iPod touch used to lag quite a bit everytime I wanted to open up the music player or specific apps (can't remember which), took a second or two to boot them up as well.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I noticed. At least his posts can give us something to laugh at.

My iPod touch used to lag quite a bit everytime I wanted to open up the music player or specific apps (can't remember which), took a second or two to boot them up as well.
Mind telling which gen the iPod was? the iPod touch 4th gens are POS's because Apple crippled them back in 2010 when they put in 256MB of RAM