Alternatives to the Nexus 10

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
There are other comparable tablets, but right now you won't find any with a screen as good. You should take a look at the following thread in this forum, it has some good thoughts on the Nexus 10 and the Note 10.1.

Personally, I really enjoy my N10. I think it'd be hard to find an alternative tablet with the same build quality, screen quality, and one that is also running stock Android.

Edit: I should mention that Samsung is supposedly going to be releasing a tablet very similar to the Nexus 10 soon.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
there is no alternate to "Nexus 10" with respect to screen resolution, processor, pure Android, faster update, Photo sphere etc.
if you want to compromise look at Asus infinity or Galaxy Note 10.1

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
The Nexus 10 is the most powerful tablet out there, with the best screen of any tablet ever. The closest things there are are the Note 10.1, Nexus 7 and iPad 4.

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
are you saying that you think that nexus 10 is even better than ipad?

there are so many different tablets out there, i don't know which to choose any more.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
are you saying that you think that nexus 10 is even better than ipad?

there are so many different tablets out there, i don't know which to choose any more.
It's not perfect but there are many things about the Nexus 10 that are better than the iPad 4. There's no denying that the difference between the iPad 3 and 4 is smaller than the difference between the first and second or the second and third and the iPad 4 has suffered because of it.

It's a good device still but yes I think the Nexus 10 blows the iPad 4 out of the water. Many reasons why are right here: 30+ Reasons Why You Should Buy a Nexus 10 | Mostly-Tech

If you need help deciding this should help (if you want a 10" tablet that is): Who Makes the Best 10

mgftp

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
The Nexus 10 is the most powerful Android tablet out right now, only reason not to get it would be if you want to save the money and get something with lower specs such as the Asus Memo Pad 10 which will retail for just $300..... The only downfall I can find on the N10 is the lack of SD card slot, which for me personally is a big issue - if it wasn't for this I'd have one already instead of still thinking about it.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
The Nexus 10 is the most powerful Android tablet out right now, only reason not to get it would be if you want to save the money and get something with lower specs such as the Asus Memo Pad 10 which will retail for just $300..... The only downfall I can find on the N10 is the lack of SD card slot, which for me personally is a big issue - if it wasn't for this I'd have one already instead of still thinking about it.

That's the Nexus line for you. Though there's always cloud services or an OTG cable and flash drive.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

mgftp

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
That's the Nexus line for you. Though there's always cloud services or an OTG cable and flash drive.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

Of course, but I prefer not to have to carry extras and wifi is not always available where I want to use the device..... I get the business strategy for pushing cloud services but for my use I really wish there was an expansion slot. Oh well.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Of course, but I prefer not to have to carry extras and wifi is not always available where I want to use the device..... I get the business strategy for pushing cloud services but for my use I really wish there was an expansion slot. Oh well.

Yeah, some people are like that. Best choice for you then might be to wait for a tablet with the same level of specs as the Nexus 10 and a microSD slot.

mgftp

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, some people are like that. Best choice for you then might be to wait for a tablet with the same level of specs as the Nexus 10 and a microSD slot.

It might be, however I really love the Nexus platform and "plain" Android. I wish we'd see a Nexus device with an expansion slot, but I don't think it'll happen.

For me it's a a trade-off, and I can't exactly decide what I rather have although I am leaning towards the N10. I just need it to go on sale or something to push me over the edge - but I don't see that happening anytime soon either. But, I'll keep hoping. I need something to happen to make me pull the trigger one way or another.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I myself believe the iPad since apple really knows how to make tablets, the A6 chip which is a dual core comes very close to beating the quad core N10 now that's impressive! But the apps are also far,far better on the iPad over the N10, I say this from experience I've had a N10 it's an excellent tablet but I prefer the ipad.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I myself believe the iPad since apple really knows how to make tablets, the A6 chip which is a dual core comes very close to beating the quad core N10 now that's impressive! But the apps are also far,far better on the iPad over the N10, I say this from experience I've had a N10 it's an excellent tablet but I prefer the ipad.
Actually the Nexus 10 has a dual-core A15 processor.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm