30+ Reasons Why You Should Buy A Nexus 10

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
You continue to not know what you're talking about. The Nexus 10 has been proven to have a much better screen than the iPad, and the fact it sold out 2 hours after it was first put on the Play Store proves you're statement about everyone using up ads wrong.

As usual, it's you who knows nothing. :p

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.
I would like to point out the GPU in the iPad does indeed beat all other tablets GPU's

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I would like to point out the GPU in the iPad does indeed beat all other tablets GPU's
You're right it does. Spec-wise, it's the best one but it's the usage that matters most and some people prefer the Nexus 10's, some prefer the iPad's. But my post was saying the Nexus 10's screen is definitely better than the iPad's, though iPad fans won't care about that.

[Moderator edit.]

Last edited by a moderator:

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
You're right it does. Spec-wise, it's the best one but it's the usage that matters most and some people prefer the Nexus 10's, some prefer the iPad's. But my post was saying the Nexus 10's screen is definitely better than the iPad's, though iPad fans won't care about that.

Also, don't bother trying to get that snook guy to stop, he's proven himself to be nothing but someone who waste's everyone's time posting ignorance while providing no proof behind his posts. He's had his posting privilege in the Nexus 10 section taken and clearly that hasn't changed him.
Hmm I respectfully disagree I believe that while the pixel density is higher,from personal experience it isnt as "natural" or vivid as the iPad screen, again its like the AMOLED vs IPS argument some people like less saturation some like it more.

[Moderator edit.]

Last edited by a moderator:

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Make sure we keep the discussion focused on the devices and not the users. If you have a question about or issue with another user, feel free to message me (or another moderator) about it.

;)

Pat

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Hmm I respectfully disagree I believe that while the pixel density is higher,from personal experience it isnt as "natural" or vivid as the iPad screen, again its like the AMOLED vs IPS argument some people like less saturation some like it more.

[Moderator edit.]
Alright let me put it differently then, it's technically better but others may prefer the way the iPad's screen looks.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Alright let me put it differently then, it's technically better but others may prefer the way the iPad's screen looks.
Yes I agree, of course many people would say having the pixel density so to each his own. Not knocking the Nexus 10 down I will definitely wait till the 2nd gen to consider it.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Personally I find the whole "retina display" thing to be kinda over-hyped, but honestly anything that Apple sells will sell well. The brand is just to well-known for it to not happen. Though I doubt the iPad has ever sold out as quickly as the Nexus 7 and 10 did. Though that's kinda due in part to Google's lack of preparation for the launch.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Personally I find the whole "retina display" thing to be kinda over-hyped, but honestly anything that Apple sells will sell well. The brand is just to well-known for it to not happen. Though I doubt the iPad has ever sold out as quickly as the Nexus 7 and 10 did. Though that's kinda due in part to Google's lack of preparation for the launch.

lol true that I have people wanting the 5S when it hasn't even been announced!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

The N10 and all of the 1080p phones destroy retina displays in terms of pixel density. Retina quite literally can be translated to "sub par" now.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
lol true that I have people wanting the 5S when it hasn't even been announced!

lol That's just blind fanboyism, they don't see that all that will over over the iPhone 5 is one feature that Apple copied from someone else, modified a bit, and withheld from people intentionally just so they would have a reason to buy this one. And the trend will continue with the iPhone 6.

The N10 and all of the 1080p phones destroy retina displays in terms of pixel density. Retina quite literally can be translated to "sub par" now.
I wouldn't go as far as "sub par", but it's definitely not the best screen anymore.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
lol That's just blind fanboyism, they don't see that all that will over over the iPhone 5 is one feature that Apple copied from someone else, modified a bit, and withheld from people intentionally just so they would have a reason to buy this one. And the trend will continue with the iPhone 6.

I wouldn't go as far as "sub par", but it's definitely not the best screen anymore.
Apple IMO has fallen behind in phones but then you have people like my dad that prefer the iPhone(yes I made him try android) because they are familiar to it.

Also not entirely they take features from the jailbreak community which in turn is inspired by Android.

One more thing there is also fanboyism on here about the S4 when that hasnt been announced either!

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

IPS is my favourite screen type which is why I am happy with my N4 and iPad 4, although one problem the N4's seem to be having is that the icons are not as bright as the ones on my iPhone 5.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Only in pixel density are we not hitting the point where manufacturers are throwing massive 1080P displays for the spec sheet? I truly believe after 380ppi it starts to get a little ridiculous.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Apple IMO has fallen behind in phones but then you have people like my dad that prefer the iPhone(yes I made him try android) because they are familiar to it.

Also not entirely they take features from the jailbreak community which in turn is inspired by Android.

One more thing there is also fanboyism on here about the S4 when that hasnt been announced either!
Yeah, you get that on both sides.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Only in pixel density are we not hitting the point where manufacturers are throwing massive 1080P displays for the spec sheet? I truly believe after 380ppi it starts to get a little ridiculous.

Exactly. At a certain point we won't need a higher pixel density and manufacturers should focus on the quality of their screens. Specifically: color accuracy, viewing angles, brightness, and power requirements.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Which Apple excels at with their products.

And Samsung sure knows a thing or two on how to do it as well after the Nexus 10 screen. I think we're getting to the point where screens are gonna be as good as they can get until they actually come out with bendable phones or holograms. :p

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
And Samsung sure knows a thing or two on how to do it as well after the Nexus 10 screen. I think we're getting to the point where screens are gonna be as good as they can get until they actually come out with bendable phones or holograms. :p
Bendable phones pfft thats old tech. Holograms are where its at;)

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Which Apple excels at with their products.

The display of the iPad 3 was manufactured by Samsung, and the display of the iPad 4 was manufactured by LG. Don't think that the manufacturing knowledge and expertise used to create those displays is out of reach for the mobile division of the aforementioned companies.

Apple excels at display performance with their desktop displays intended to support professional design work. Apple's mobile displays (as in the iPhone and iPad) are similar displays to those offered in many Android devices. It's possible that they are of higher quality and more expensive to manufacture, calibrated differently, or subject to stricter quality control guidelines, but they are still intended for mobile use and are subject to the same inherent limitations on performance, color, power draw, etc. of the technology the display is based on.

Atiya

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
My nexus 10 has slight light bleeding on its lower right and right side of the tablet.

Will it get any worse? do i have to return it and ask for a new one?

I spent 25,000 Pesos on this and this is actually my first tablet..

I hate that I get to get the Unit with the bleeding issue.. can anyone unburden my thoughts

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc