Should I buy a Nexus 10, or wait for either an updated version or Tegra 4 tablets?

Ben H

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I've been looking into a Nexus 10 for quite some time now, but I keep hearing about all these problems people are having with it. So should I buy it now, wait for an update, or wait for a tegra 4 tablet? Keep in mind I do want whatever I buy to be future-proof, but I'm getting a little impatient ( at the moment the only working tablet I have that I am stuck with using is a first gen kindle fire )
EDIT 1: I plan on using it for basic media ( youtube, netflix) and gaming

Last edited:

Nuno Coelho

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi!
I learned something in this technological world... Don't wait for any big thing! Buy, use, abuse and change!

Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk 2

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Just get it, if you wait for the next best thing, you'll wait forever. You can always upgrade in the future.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

olgeezer44

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I'm in the same boat. I just deregistered my original Kindle Fire and am giving it to my grand daughter. I couldn't get used to the small touch screen. I'm not going to wait more though. I think the 10 came out last fall so I would think many things have been fixed since then. I'm thinking that if I keep waiting for more improvements, that I'll never buy. The technology is changing so fast now compared to the past. I'm going to order today and hope for the best. We do need a table to use now so.....

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi. I'm in the same boat. I just deregistered my original Kindle Fire and am giving it to my grand daughter. I couldn't get used to the small touch screen. I'm not going to wait more though. I think the 10 came out last fall so I would think many things have been fixed since then. I'm thinking that if I keep waiting for more improvements, that I'll never buy. The technology is changing so fast now compared to the past. I'm going to order today and hope for the best. We do need a table to use now so.....
Definitely a good choice, and the recent 4.2.2 update did fix a lot the issues many people were having with the Nexus so if you're thinking of getting one, now is the best time to do it.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I've been looking into a Nexus 10 for quite some time now, but I keep hearing about all these problems people are having with it. So should I buy it now, wait for an update, or wait for a tegra 4 tablet? Keep in mind I do want whatever I buy to be future-proof, but I'm getting a little impatient ( at the moment the only working tablet I have that I am stuck with using is a first gen kindle fire )
EDIT 1: I plan on using it for basic media ( youtube, netflix) and gaming

Glad to hear you've decided to grab one -- I doubt you'll be disappointed. For anyone else with similar considerations:

1. There isn't a single device, made by any manufacturer (including non-Android phones and tablets), where you can go into their forums and NOT see a considerable amount of posts by folks having issues. It's the nature of the technology *and* of these forums -- folks are more likely to find their way here and start threads to complain about and/or find solutions to problems. Rarely to people with no problems start threads like, "Tablet is running great! goodbye!". I say this because looking at posts about device issues can make you become leery about pulling the trigger, so it's important to read through threads to see if issues are really common, or just anomalies. The other thing is some folks just like to be haters...nothing you do about that.

2. No device is "future proof". None. The smart move is to buy when you have the need, and to always buy the newest technology out there if you don't want it becoming obsolete after a few months. I'd think that *right now* a Nexus 10 fits that bill.

Hi!
I learned something in this technological world... Don't wait for any big thing! Buy, use, abuse and change!

Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk 2

Good advice.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
And whenever you see someone saying "Oh this brand never seems to have any issues can no-one posts them" or something along those lines chances are they're looking in crappy, obscure forums or they're just lying.

olgeezer44

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
My Nexus 10 32gb has shipped. I went with the 32gb because I'm planning on keeping it for awhile and I want the space to add whatever I want. This forum is a great place to learn and I've already read many posts on how to address certain issues. Many thanks to the experienced folks who help and contribute their knowledge and experiences.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
My Nexus 10 32gb has shipped. I went with the 32gb because I'm planning on keeping it for awhile and I want the space to add whatever I want. This forum is a great place to learn and I've already read many posts on how to address certain issues. Many thanks to the experienced folks who help and contribute their knowledge and experiences.
That's what we're here for.

Infinite Jest

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm seriously considering buying one of these as well. I bought an iPad 3 (used from craiglist, only because it was a killer deal!) last October to replace my HP TouchPad that I had used for a year prior with cyanogenmod. Since selling the TouchPad and using the iPad in its stead, the whole iPad experience has gotten really stale. Even with a jailbreak, the iPad just isn't as fun or exciting to play around with or even use for school work as the TouchPad was. Do these tablets (Nexus 10) ever get discounted?

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm seriously considering buying one of these as well. I bought an iPad 3 (used from craiglist, only because it was a killer deal!) last October to replace my HP TouchPad that I had used for a year prior with cyanogenmod. Since selling the TouchPad and using the iPad in its stead, the whole iPad experience has gotten really stale. Even with a jailbreak, the iPad just isn't as fun or exciting to play around with or even use for school work as the TouchPad was. Do these tablets (Nexus 10) ever get discounted?
The Nexus 10 hasn't even been out for 6 months so it'll probably be quite a while until it gets discounted. But it's a good price for what you get.

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary