online photos showing in photo storage?

captainhoward

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
I just bought this nexus 10 and I'm currently uploading all my photos to google + from my phone (so they can be viewed on my nexus). However, my storage tally (for photos specifically) is going up at an alarming rate.

In settings - storage, i go and click on photos to investigate this...there is nothing there. Like I'd imagine, as there's no photos on the device itself.

Can anyone help? I Dont see how these photos are taking up device storage. And why I can't see the source of the storage either!

captainhoward

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
It's showing 200 odd mb. But there are no photos on the device.

This number was going up and up (on my nexus) while I was uploading photos (from my phone to google+). It's not moved since. So it has to be related to that somehow? I've tried the cache and it isn't that.

I spoke to Google, they had no idea. They suggested a factory reset, or they could exchange the device. Pretty useless. It's not the device.

Hope you can help!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-03-11-12-57-50.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-03-11-12-57-50.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 7

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
It's showing 200 odd mb. But there are no photos on the device.

This number was going up and up (on my nexus) while I was uploading photos (from my phone to google+). It's not moved since. So it has to be related to that somehow? I've tried the cache and it isn't that.

I spoke to Google, they had no idea. They suggested a factory reset, or they could exchange the device. Pretty useless. It's not the device.

Hope you can help!

200 MB isn't exactly a ton of space, but still considerable when talking about pictures.

How much stuff did you upload to G+, was it a lot? I'm wondering if that data isn't referring to thumbnails for gallery viewing. Granted, it would quite quite a bit of thumbnails to register at 200MB, but I suppose that it is possible if you have a lot of albums?

Not sure, just brainstorming...

captainhoward

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
I can't find on Google+ an exact number, but it's in the region of 300-400 photos. Is the thumbnail thing a possibility? I guess that would kind of make sense?

Just annoying that it kind of makes you ask these questions when it gives you the option to clear the storage.. And then finding nothing there. With no explanation.

Thanks in advance for your help!

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I can't find on Google+ an exact number, but it's in the region of 300-400 photos. Is the thumbnail thing a possibility? I guess that would kind of make sense?

Just annoying that it kind of makes you ask these questions when it gives you the option to clear the storage.. And then finding nothing there. With no explanation.

Thanks in advance for your help!

It's not necessarily G+ .... I'm just not sure.

I don't know how that "Storage" section in settings determines space used, but if, for example, it just indexed and counted all .jpg .jpeg .png .bmp (etc) files then stuff like gallery thumbnails and album art and even cached files from apps could potentially be counted in that total, even though nothing shows up in the gallery. Again, I'm just trying to help by brainstorming -- don't have any actual knowledge on how it works specifically.

captainhoward

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
No worries. It's definitely food for thought and something I'm going to have a look into now. Thanks so much for your input. Here's to finding an answer!

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
this may be a roundabout way to check but why not plug in to a PC and use the search function to search for pictures on the tablet?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2