Wifi and booting failure

JINK20

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Any suggestions please.
I have a new Nexus 10. I was trying to change my IP address. (Unblockus.com) I wasn't able to complete the change (ignorance regarding device operation)
Then my stupidity kicked in.
I lost the wi-fi signal (baseball diamond bars) in the notification box. So, unplugged the router for 30 seconds- No change
Re-connected to my home wifi- no change
Committed tablet suicide and went for factory reset.
Now on startup I get the , google name, Nexus logo, select wi-fi option and that's it. No apps,no widgets and the wifi bar in the notification box is still empty and I can't get passed the wifi page.
Any salvation??

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
It sounds to me as though the problem lies with your router. Usually IP addesses ase assigned by the router. You may need to check and see if MAC filtering is switched on on your router and various permissions/passwords are set correctly

Alternately try going to a public wifi spot, you run a risk logging into google through an unsecure network but it should let you get your apps etc.

JINK20

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Devlyn 16, spot on. Her indoors tells me I'm using the wrong password(she set up the router) and hey presto problem resolved. Back in the game!!Thank you.