Overheating issues

GripnRip

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
So Saturday night I was playing Modern Combat 4 on my Nexus. This was a short while after playing Real Racing 3 and Simpsons: Tapped Out for a little while (maybe 30 mintues each). I had been playing MC4 for about an hour or so, when my tablet froze and shut itself off. It didn't reboot, just turned itself off. I have noticed in the past when playing MC4, or NOVA, or TDKR (basically any gameloft game) that the top of the tablet gets very hot to the touch. I had been a bit concerned about the heat but nothing had ever happened besides it getting really hot. Was what happened Saturday a safeguard? Could something be wrong with my unit? Has anyone else seen something similar happen to them while playing games or doing something else intensive on their Nexus?

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I don't have an N10, but it certainly sounds like a thermal shutdown. Pretty much self preservation mode. It should be fine once it has has a chance to cool down

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Atiya

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Mines overheating too everytime I play Shadowgunners

eventually it came to the point that the screen was flickering then it shutdown itself and i had to charge it... at first i thought it was broken so i placed the over heated tablet infront of the aircon... for at least about 15 minutes it wasnt charging.. thank god its working now...hopefully it didnt cause any long term problems for me in the future ...this tablet cause me 24,490 pesos
i wasnt able to use any of my money for one whole month

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I've had overheating issues when streaming movies and using HDMI out. Its kind of frustrating to be honest. My Xoom doesn't do it, so I find it unlikely their will ever be a software fix....who knows...

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
A couple quick questions:

What is the ambient temperature where you are at. [In the northern USA it hasn't been warm enough for me to test how the N10 handles use in the heat]

Do you have cases/covers on the devices when this occurs? If so could they be preventing the device from cooling down?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol