Can you turn off ALL sounds on the Nexus 10?

Rakul Weber

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi, new here and English is not my first language so please bear with me...

I got a Nexus 10 a few days ago. It is my first tablet and so far I love it. But one thing is driving me insane. I have turned all sounds and vibrations off, so there is not a peep coming from it when I type etc. But I can not for the life of me figure out to get rid of the sound (and slight vibrate) it makes every time I move an app on the home screen. It also does the same sound while I play certain games. That is especially bothersome, since I like to play some of those mind numbing games while lying in bed but the sound coming from the tablet disturbs my partner...

It is a low "bump" sound and happens every time you push and hold an app icon to move it around the screen. Hopefully that can help identify what I am talking about... It is very subtle and not a big deal most of the time. But like mentioned before, in the middle of the night when all is quiet it can be kinda bothersome for someone who is trying to sleep.

Thanks in advance to anyone trying to help! :)

olgeezer44

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
You have no problems with the English language, Rakul. In fact, you could probably teach it to many people in this country.

I know what you mean about the "vibration sound." I'm wondering it the sound is not actually coming from the N10 sound system, but coming directly from the vibrator mechanism instead? I'm going to play with mine some and see if I can get it totally quiet. Your question has now caused me to think about this issue. Thanks......I think.

Rakul Weber

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Thank you :)

I haven't figured out how to turn it off yet, so I just stopped playing one of the games where it does it a lot. It was a "virtual garden" game where you move trees and flowerbeds around... each time you move an item in the game it apparently triggers the same sounds as when you move a app on the homescreen.

Oh well. I guess I can live with it :)

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Turn the volume down and bump it up a notch so the vibration indicator goes away in the upper right. When the volume is displayed press the 3 bar thing on the little volume window and scroll down the notification volume ("i" in speech bubble).

The low bump sound when moving icons is the vibration motor. There is no way to shut that off but it only does that in vibration mode for notifications so it shouldn't bother your sleeping. And yes it is a pain....

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12