Any non-official covers that snap into the back of the Nexus 10?

masqueofhastur

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
The part I like about the official cover is it keeps the profile slim while protecting the screen, but it would be even better if it could fold up as well. Did any 3rd parties make a cover like this? I've only seen the ones with a case that snaps onto the N10, making it overall thicker.

technician199

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I just got the official book cover and love the slimness and the fact it snaps onto the back. You are correct that a foldable one, like the ipad, would be great because it doubles as a stand. I'm sure apple has patented that so we are left with the book cover.
From playing with the book cover last night, I could kind of prop up the tablet but it was spotty at best. Sorry I couldn't help.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
The snap on cover is a really good idea, however the enginering required to design a cover using the snap has to be significantly more complex than jsut making one that just fits around the body and has the correct cutouts.

masqueofhastur

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
The snap on cover is a really good idea, however the enginering required to design a cover using the snap has to be significantly more complex than jsut making one that just fits around the body and has the correct cutouts.

That's a good point. I had originally thought that it would just be tabs that fit under the cover rather than a replacement. If they'd gone that route it might have been easier for 3rd parties to support.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power