2 question about the nexus 10

Jonathan Boies

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Iam using the ipad 1 for now, but im so tire to wait for it ( so slow ) and all the new apps on the apps store require a recent ipad :(
My question are:

1- will i really see a difference with the nex10 (i use my tablet to watch movie, surf on the web,games and photo editing)

2-im using Mirage to erase the background of my picture (with my finger), i check on the android store and can't find it. Is there a apps to edit picture with lots of tools and able to freely manipulate picture and effect with the finger?

Thanks to answer me and sory for my poor english ;)

Jonathan.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
1. If you're coming from the original iPad, you will see a significant difference with the N10. It's one of the fastest processors on a tablet today, so it'll definitely be faster than your iPad.

2. I'm not about that feature in specific, but I know some good photo apps are Pixlr Express, Photoshop Express, and Snapseed.

Good luck! And welcome to the Android Central Forums!

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Glad to see this thread. My iPad 1 really struggles with basic stuff such as Web browsing. I'm having such a good experience with the Nexus 4 that it's made me consider the N10. A few questions:

1) How is the N10's build quality? The iPad 1 is built like a tank, and the N4 feels solid except for the glass back, which seems vulnerable.

2) When did the N10 come out, and when might its successor appear? If the next tablet will be out by fall, I'll wait for that.

3) What's the biggest discount you've seen on the N10, and where? I bought the N4 from Google, but if Staples or Amazon or whoever often sells the N10 at a discount, I'll buy there.

Thanks in advance.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Glad to see this thread. My iPad 1 really struggles with basic stuff such as Web browsing. I'm having such a good experience with the Nexus 4 that it's made me consider the N10. A few questions:

1) How is the N10's build quality? The iPad 1 is built like a tank, and the N4 feels solid except for the glass back, which seems vulnerable.

2) When did the N10 come out, and when might its successor appear? If the next tablet will be out by fall, I'll wait for that.

3) What's the biggest discount you've seen on the N10, and where? I bought the N4 from Google, but if Staples or Amazon or whoever often sells the N10 at a discount, I'll buy there.

Thanks in advance.

1) Build quality I find is very solid. Feels amazing in your hands too, very comfortable.

2) it came out last fall I believe but no word on a successor yet.

Also for the OP, I find that the N10 has pretty good image editing capabilities built into it out of the box but Plixr is great as well.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site

Thanks in advance.

1. Very happy with "build quality", it's a solid device (much better than the Nexus 7, IMO).

2. I believe it came out right around time for Christmas shopping season last fall (early December?)...right around same time as the Nexus 4. It's a fairly safe bet that Google will release a new Nexus phone and 10" tab around this time, as they seem to be on a yearly schedule...but who knows for sure?!?

3. Not sure about this, I bought my N10 back in January from Google Play Store. I know that Walmart also sells the 32GB version, so it may be worth checking there...

olgeezer44

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I realize that there are a lot of folks that are willing to wait for the next upgrade. However, many upgrades are actually quite different and may come from other/new manufacturers. I had considered waiting also, but I wanted something to use now. I haven't seen a price decline on the N10's since they came out. Will there be one? Oh yeah, someday there sure will be, but when is that? I don't have any apple stuff and I've been using a lot of google features on the pc and netbook so that was a major factor for me to consider. You can wait as long as you want. I think there will always be upgrades and many of them will be in the same year that you bought your tablet. Just my 4 cents worth.

flick0416

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site

Thanks in advance.

1. I found the build quality better than I expected. I had read on forums and such about a cheap plasticy feel on the back. Now, that may be subjective thing, but to me, it didn't feel flimsy or cheap at all. Either way though, you're probably going to buy a case for it anyway, which will mitigate any perceived "cheapness" in build quality. The screen itself is Gorilla Glass 2, so that's about as solid as it gets.

2. As has been said, it came out last November. If you are willing to wait, then I would wait another 10 days to see what comes out of Google I/O. What they announce (or don't announce) about a successor should help form your decision.

3. I got mine (32 GB) from WalMart for the same price as advertised on Google Play ($499). I haven't seen any discounted rates, but I've had mine for a few months now, so I haven't checked in a while. FWIW, when I was looking for mine back in January, the prices on Amazon were actually marked up. Staples and WalMart were the only places I found that sold it for the same price as the Play Store.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles