Nexus media importer connectivity issues

Mortikiv

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I'm trying to import pictures either straight from my camera or a usb reader to my nexus 10. I connect the device to an OTG cable and turn on the nexus media importer app. Initially I was able to download the picture. Then later I was only able to import a few before there was connectivity issues and now I sometimes see the folders on the SD card but can't access the pictures. It immediately gives me a connectivity issue warning.

Please help

Thanks
Steve

revz247

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I'm trying to import pictures either straight from my camera or a usb reader to my nexus 10. I connect the device to an OTG cable and turn on the nexus media importer app. Initially I was able to download the picture. Then later I was only able to import a few before there was connectivity issues and now I sometimes see the folders on the SD card but can't access the pictures. It immediately gives me a connectivity issue warning.

Please help

Thanks
Steve

Have you managed to sort out the problem

MarkD60

May 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm having a problem with mine too, it seems to start ok, I get a window: Connecting. Below that "USB Device" and after that "dev/bus/usb/002/002 waiting for device:, where it stays forever.
New OTG cable, and 8 Gig thumb drive.
I just started working on the problem and may be squalking for help too early.

MarkD60

May 23, 2012
Visit site
Update: I tried a mouse with the otg cable and it worked fine. Next step: put Nexus Media Importer on my Samsung Galaxy S3 and see if it works there.

MarkD60

May 23, 2012
Visit site
I gave up on Nexus Media Importer and used Stickmount on my rooted 32 gig 4G N7. I kept Nexus Media Importer on my S3 though.
BTW, sorry if anyone was offended, I didn't realize this was a Nexus 10 thread till after I posted my post yesterday.

windave

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Nexus Media Importer worked fine on my Nexus 10 back in May (2013) but now in July it does not. Wonder what has changed in the intervening couple of months???

dunxs1

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Its a 4.3 problem. Nmi developers need to sort a fix I think. Mine worked fine a few days ago but now says device is protected or not an android format? I'm no techy so if anyone knows better please update us because I'm on holiday with no way of watching the movies on my hard drive.
Thanx.

vergille

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
4.3 just ruined everything = my mx player is also not working! and is there any other software like media importer = OTG Disk Explorer Pro - was the closest i could find - but its not free-- are there any free ones -- or an apk of OTG Disk Explorer Pro would be great.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
4.3 just ruined everything = my mx player is also not working! and is there any other software like media importer = OTG Disk Explorer Pro - was the closest i could find - but its not free-- are there any free ones -- or an apk of OTG Disk Explorer Pro would be great.

MX Player released an update and should now work on 4.3.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I just checked Media Importer and a flash drive with my Nexus 10 and Galaxy Nexus and it works fine with 4.3. I don't think there is a 4.3 issue with the app.

dunxs1

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Mines working fine again now, an update for MX player pro sorted it. Happy again as I'm on holiday and can escape occasionally and watch a movie in peace :cool:

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
this seems to be a 4.3 issue with me. and according to this: nexususb.blogspot.com/2013/07/android-4html, it's not affecting all models, just random devices. I really hope this works. I haven't tried it yet, but the suggested work-around seems like a pain if you have to repeat the process every time.

EDIT: I just tried the work-around on the blog link above, and so far, it worked for my Nexus 10. I went into portrait, turned off auto rotate and the screen lock, opened NMI, plugged in the OTG and media then powered off and back on. Upon restart, the app immediately recognized the devices again. I even took out the thumb drive and used an SD card adapter with a card from my DSLR camera. That worked, too. They were still recognized after I turned auto-rotate back on, but I may leave the screen lock off for now to see how I like it. So, it seems like a one-time work-around so far. I'll update if I come across any more issues.

Last edited:

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
this seems to be a 4.3 issue with me. and according to this: nexususb.blogspot.com/2013/07/android-4html, it's not affecting all models, just random devices. I really hope this works. I haven't tried it yet, but the suggested work-around seems like a pain if you have to repeat the process every time.

EDIT: I just tried the work-around on the blog link above, and so far, it worked for my Nexus 10. I went into portrait, turned off auto rotate and the screen lock, opened NMI, plugged in the OTG and media then powered off and back on. Upon restart, the app immediately recognized the devices again. I even took out the thumb drive and used an SD card adapter with a card from my DSLR camera. That worked, too. They were still recognized after I turned auto-rotate back on, but I may leave the screen lock off for now to see how I like it. So, it seems like a one-time work-around so far. I'll update if I come across any more issues.

That is a bad link for me and as i said, my Nexus 10 works fine on 4.3. Are you rooted per chance?

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I'm sorry. Here is the correct link: Nexus Media Importer

No, I am not rooted. I am stock, but when I upgraded to 4.3, NMI stopped working properly. Apparently, it's a random problem with no discernible pattern. But this work-around has fixed things. I only had to do it once, and I am fully satisfied with the app once again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze