Any cases, keyboards, or keyboard-cases stand out among the rest?

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I've become really fond of the Google book cover since I got it. True, it's not ideal for prop-up viewing (though it's sometimes serviceable in that regard), but it feels great in one's hands -- the next best thing to using the slim N10 naked. When I switched back to my Moko genuine leather after several days, it felt uncomfortable and bulky. Also nifty is the cutout on the book cover that lets you use the camera with the cover folded back, as opposed to other cases which require having the cover dangling down from the tablet. I also like the curved indentation of the part that attaches to the back of the N10 -- much nicer feeling than the original part.

Anoles

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I've become really fond of the Google book cover since I got it. True, it's not ideal for prop-up viewing (though it's sometimes serviceable in that regard), but it feels great in one's hands -- the next best thing to using the slim N10 naked. When I switched back to my Moko genuine leather after several days, it felt uncomfortable and bulky. Also nifty is the cutout on the book cover that lets you use the camera with the cover folded back, as opposed to other cases which require having the cover dangling down from the tablet. I also like the curved indentation of the part that attaches to the back of the N10 -- much nicer feeling than the original part.

I sense a lot of divide when it comes to the official cover. It's usually either love or hate. I mainly just want protection and a low profile fit that isn't heavy. I don't think I'll be propping mine up any more, as doing so with the Moko for just shy of two weeks left my last unit with noticeably increased light bleeding (that, or it was the way the case gripped the N10).

CrocadileUT

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I just returned a moko case, it actually scratched my left speaker on my Nexus 10 and it dropped the tablet a few times when i tried to use it as a stand. Now I just use the official Google book cover which I don't love, but it gets the job done and it's nice and light.

I keep my tablet in neoprene when I'm not using it.

For keyboard, I just got the Logitech one and it works really well, but it is definitely not lightweight nor does it make a suitable case. The stand does hold the tablet well though.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

twilite2000

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Remember people, when saying "Moko case", there are several different Moko cases, so that is not descriptive enough!

I have the MoKo Ultra Slim Lightweight Smart-shell Stand Case on mine. I like it except the cover "delaminated" pretty quickly. The flap is a sandwich of two sheets of vinyl, then plastic film, then a thin metal core all glued together. I tried re-gluing and that lasted only days. So I took the sewing machine and using a zig-zag with one edge falling over (which creates a loop) I stitched around the entire edge. Worked like a charm and I am now very happy. It is simple, fits well, is very thin, and is also very light weight.

For the Nexus 10 we have at work, I believe I bought the Snugg Nexus 10 Leather Case in Black - Flip Stand Cover with Elastic Hand Strap. It is bulky but fits well, is high quality, and offers more protection.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I was referring to the Moko a ultra slim light weight smart shell. It was a huge disappointment.

That is what I have, and the only thing that is disappointing about it to me is the flap delaminating (which I permanently fixed with the sewing machine... why didn't THEY stitch around the edge like I did??)

Anoles

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Just returned my Moko Slimfit Carbon. Waiting for the arrival of a Snugg Leather.

I know I brought it up already, but does anyone have a case that has helped with their bottom-corner light bleeding?

Anoles

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Just got my Snugg white leather. Bulkier, yeah, but so far I really like it. I'll wait longer to really form a full opinion.

Update: One week in. So far, I still really like it. Not too bulky, wakes/sleeps consistently and accurately, the stand is nice, and it's snug enough on my N10 that it actually helps with the minor light bleed this latest unit has. I think the velcro flap that rests under tablet, pushing it slightly forward, as the leather frame pushes against the outer edges is what does it.

Last edited:

Air pirate

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Just got my Trax case, and I really like this thing. It is the bulkier, "folio" type of case, but it is thinner than a similar case on my iPad. The construction is of very high quality and provides protection at each corner. It has the magnetic "Off/On"closure feature. All of the controls are easily accessible through the openings. It's a very thin "folio" type, and I am very happy with this case.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Anoles

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Yet another update: My white Snugg pleather case is officially decommissioned. White was a bad idea, in retrospect. In less than 2 months it was noticeably dirty, and some ink stains I somehow got on the inside were impossible to remove. I also found out the hard way that these things have cardboard skeletons. I got it wet (sans tablet) and it never fully recovered. The wet regions are blue and slightly warped. They even still feel soft/soggy to the touch.

I have a black Snugg as a backup, so it's in use for the moment. If it goes bad too soon, I may try the Trax that Air Pirate mentioned. It has the same folio frame as the Snugg, but it has a ton of viewing angles. The Snugg basically only has 2.

Last edited:

b0ricua

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking for a case for my N10 as well. I was sold on the Moko Ultra Slim lightweight smart-shell stand case as I like the sleekness and the ability to act as a stand at different angles. The one drawback is the fact that the POGO connector is not available when the case is closed. Therefore I can't charge it unless the cover is open. The poetic one seems to fit inside extremely tight and the build quality looks to suffer as well.

Can I not find a slim, sleek case that acts as a stand with the POGO connector available when closed?

b0ricua

May 24, 2010
Visit site
BTW I just receiced my Moko Ultra Slim lightweight smart-shell stand case last week and can confirm that there IS an opening below to charge via POGO when the case is closed. They must have recently introduced this which makes this case an absolute must-have for the price.

sonja77

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I love my Devicewear Trax leather case. I got it on Amazon for $26.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1378822389897.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378822389897.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 67

bbqkid8

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
That is what I have, and the only thing that is disappointing about it to me is the flap delaminating (which I permanently fixed with the sewing machine... why didn't THEY stitch around the edge like I did??)

I got this case about a month ago after reading some decent reviews. Hope it doesn't fall apart on me... seems to be good right now. I actually really like the case (Moko Ultra Slim).

SLiCkMASTER

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
For months I was debating what case I should get for my Nexus 10. I initially bought a Finite case; very useful but very bland, generic. I recently decided to purchase the official book cover from the Play Store, in Scarlett. Let me tell you something, you won't find a sleeker, sexier case. Sure, it's not as beefy or rugged as some others, and doesn't have a stylus loop (honestly you can just mod with one if you want), but it keeps your tablet plenty safe. After buying this case, people I know are asking if I bought another tablet. I am SO happy I finally purchased it. Other cases just can't do your Nexus 10 justice like the official Book Cover. The natural back of the Nexus 10 is perfectly grippy for you to hold and the book cover attachment curves perfectly for your fingers.
I highly recommend you give it a try. Don't buy something that hides your beautiful tablet.
BookCover.JPG

flick0416

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
For months I was debating what case I should get for my Nexus 10. I initially bought a Finite case; very useful but very bland, generic. I recently decided to purchase the official book cover from the Play Store, in Scarlett. Let me tell you something, you won't find a sleeker, sexier case. Sure, it's not as beefy or rugged as some others, and doesn't have a stylus loop (honestly you can just mod with one if you want), but it keeps your tablet plenty safe. After buying this case, people I know are asking if I bought another tablet. I am SO happy I finally purchased it. Other cases just can't do your Nexus 10 justice like the official Book Cover. The natural back of the Nexus 10 is perfectly grippy for you to hold and the book cover attachment curves perfectly for your fingers.
I highly recommend you give it a try. Don't buy something that hides your beautiful tablet.
View attachment 80340

I've had the Poetic Slimline for almost a month now, and part of the frame broke around the power and volume buttons, so I'm starting to look for a replacement. I'm very intrigued by the official book cover, since it's official and very slim and all that, my only question is how good is it for propping up the tablet? I like having the ability to prop the tablet up on the tablet to read articles or watch Netflix while I eat, or to just browse the internet. Is that possible with the book cover?

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Propping is a balancing act as it is not really a feature. I can prop mine up on surfaces that are not slippery but only at a limit angle before it just slides down.