Nexus 10 battery drain.......in an instant

PConly11

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

Had a nexus 10 for about 5 months now problem free......

Except lately the battery seems to drain extremely fast lately. Fast as in a jump from a high percentage to zero. The tablet will have a high percentage then seem to lag, and then bloom it restarts and cannot boot cut the battery is 0%.

I've specifically noticed this happening when in the camera app, but that is not the only case.

Any help, guidance, suggestions, ways to fix, is greatly greatly appreciated!!!!

Hope the attached pics help....Screenshot_2013-06-23-19-23-37.jpgScreenshot_2013-06-23-15-02-22.jpg

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
You will probably need to do a factory reset, but for kicks, turn off wifi completely and recharge it and see how long it lasts.

ncheesman

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Just had almost the exactly same problem..one minute the battery reads 98% then down to zero. I can use it by running it off the charger but soon as you take this off the nexus continually switches itself off. I contacted the helpline and have done all the usual stuff to check including going back to factory reset. just waiting now to see what effect if any this has..if none sounds like they will send me a a replacement..which in my mind suggests it is probably a known problem..how common i have no idea. My suggestion is to contact their technical support and get the ball rolling!

PConly11

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE here....

Sent my N10 into Samsung, under warranty, about 3 days ago. Will update here when I receive the tablet back, hopefully in working condition!

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
glad to hear about it. for clarification are you getting your tablet back or will they just be shipping you out a new or refurb one?

rantek

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
At least I'm not the only one with this issue... thought it was just mine. So this is a more common problem and an obvious defect of the tablet (and a very annoying one at that). Everyone who sent them back please post your experience and if you received a new or refurb back.

Mine is going back very soon!

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
At least I'm not the only one with this issue... thought it was just mine. So this is a more common problem and an obvious defect of the tablet (and a very annoying one at that). Everyone who sent them back please post your experience and if you received a new or refurb back.

Mine is going back very soon!

It doesn't mean it's common because a few people on here have had an issue. Electronic devices produced in large quantities are going to have a certain number that could be imperfect. Just the luck (or bad luck) of the draw.

jamesonpark

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem. Google sent me a NEW one not a refurb. HOWEVER, the new one just started doing the same freaking thing after having it for 4 or 5 months. WTF. I'm going to ask for a nexus 7 and a refund of the other $200.

woodsdmd

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Got my Nexus 10 back from samsung yesterday. They replaced the battery and updated software. Everything seems fine now. All covered under warranty.

chachma

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I called Samsung about it yesterday and am preparing to ship it to them today. Shall I do a Settings -> Backup & Reset -> Backup/Auto Restore and Factory Data Reset first?

woodsdmd

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what they updated. The invoice said s/w update and when I received it back form Samsung it had a factory data reset. It still is at 4.2.2. May be a factory reset is requires a software update.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what they updated. The invoice said s/w update and when I received it back form Samsung it had a factory data reset. It still is at 4.2.2. May be a factory reset is requires a software update.

Are you SURE you got back the same device you sent in and not a refurb? Same Mac Address, Serial Number etc?