N10 shuts off while playing crush candy

informel

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
My wife has problem while playing with the N10 (she mainly use it for that)
She mostly play Crush candy and while playing the N10 would just shut off.
She press power button and it comes on, another issue she is frequently having is when she unlock her tablet, it lock rigth away and she has to unlock it several times before she succeed.

note: battery was not drain.

chaneen

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
My wife has problem while playing with the N10 (she mainly use it for that)
She mostly play Crush candy and while playing the N10 would just shut off.
She press power button and it comes on, another issue she is frequently having is when she unlock her tablet, it lock rigth away and she has to unlock it several times before she succeed.

note: battery was not drain.

Hi! I have the same issue with Candy Crush as your wife. The tablet will run really hot too sometimes. It doesn't make sense because this tablet is a beast, why can't it handle a FB game?

My BF thinks my problem could be due to the large number of saved lives I have. He thinks it may hang and glitch while processing all that, causing it to crash, but it will also crash in the middle of a game occasionally.

When does it crash for her? In game or on the main menu screens?

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
For what it's worth, I've never had this issue and I play this awful game way too much on my N10. (I say awful because I waste too much time on it).

I don't connect to FB though, so mine doesn't sync or have any more than the 5 standard amount of lives.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Hi! I have the same issue with Candy Crush as your wife. The tablet will run really hot too sometimes. It doesn't make sense because this tablet is a beast, why can't it handle a FB game?

Pure speculation on my part: the device is over heating and is shutting down as a safety precaution. Now if this is the fault of the games code, or of the Nexus I can't say as I don't play it.

Are you playing it as an app? or within a browser?

chaneen

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Pure speculation on my part: the device is over heating and is shutting down as a safety precaution. Now if this is the fault of the games code, or of the Nexus I can't say as I don't play it.

Are you playing it as an app? or within a browser?

I play it as an app. If that is what it's doing, thats a great safety precaution. I just wonder what it is about that game that causes it to run so hot and shut down. It didn't do it to my N7.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I play it as an app. If that is what it's doing, thats a great safety precaution. I just wonder what it is about that game that causes it to run so hot and shut down. It didn't do it to my N7.

For how long are you playing? I've never had an issue with overheating or shutting down, and I play the game quite frequently...though as I mentioned, I never play more than 5 lives in one sitting, so my individual sessions are generally fairly short. (though I've definitely played for over an hour in one sitting before).

informel

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site

My BF thinks my problem could be due to the large number of saved lives I have. He thinks it may hang and glitch while processing all that, causing it to crash, but it will also crash in the middle of a game occasionally.

When does it crash for her? In game or on the main menu screens?

My wife plays it has an apps, the N10 could go off right at the beginning or after hours (she plays a lot)

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I have to admit I am also having problems with casual games crashing. Once it even rebooted the tablet. But I have never had mine turn "off". Usually the game just goes "poof" and I am back at the home screen and my screensaver is gone too. When I look at available memory, it is just about all gone and the OS had already closed everything else. Seems to be a memory leak. When it does this, I usually end up having to reboot to reclaim the "lost" memory. It is very annoying.

Seems to do it on several games, mostly Bubble Worlds and Bubble Shooter. I don't play enough different games to help with narrowing it down, it might just be those two (and although they seem to be different authors, they even have the same sounds, so I suspect they share code).

I don't think mine is overheating, although after playing any casual game for 30+ minutes, one spot on the glass gets quite hot, it is near the edge, about two inches left of the camera. I suspect the processor is located there.

sthonnekeri

May 15, 2016
Visit site
I have to admit I am also having problems with casual games crashing. Once it even rebooted the tablet. But I have never had mine turn "off". Usually the game just goes "poof" and I am back at the home screen and my screensaver is gone too. When I look at available memory, it is just about all gone and the OS had already closed everything else. Seems to be a memory leak. When it does this, I usually end up having to reboot to reclaim the "lost" memory. It is very annoying.

Seems to do it on several games, mostly Bubble Worlds and Bubble Shooter. I don't play enough different games to help with narrowing it down, it might just be those two (and although they seem to be different authors, they even have the same sounds, so I suspect they share code).

I don't think mine is overheating, although after playing any casual game for 30+ minutes, one spot on the glass gets quite hot, it is near the edge, about two inches left of the camera. I suspect the processor is located there.

sthonnekeri

May 15, 2016
Visit site
So how do to fix the problem? Mine does this now with every game and it could be right away so it is not overheating. I don't see any one give a solution. I deleted it and reinstalled and it still crashes.

Last edited: